Chapter 22 | Back in the house

-AN/ Hi everyone, sorry for the wait I had loads of things to do but still so sorry for the late update, I'll try and update more soon, hope you enjoy. I'll say it now, smut warning at some point.

Raven look at the quinjet disappearing, waving her hand knowing they can't see her, but she does it anyway. She turn to her companion, who's looking at her with his big golden eyes. "Yeah I know. I look like shit."

She walk to her house, slowly taking in the view all around her, Balto on her side. Once she's inside, Balto jump on the couch in the living room, waiting for Raven to take a seat next to him. She smile at his attention towards her, plopping down next to him, his head on her lap immediately after. The ex assassin take a look at the pager, noticing different ways of communications. Morse code, simple alarm or just sending a vocal message.

"You know what buddy ? I think it's time to properly put this house under control. I need, cameras and motion sensors. What do you think ?" The wolf look at her whining, as she scratch his head affectionately. "Yep, off to town I am." She get up, and grab the keys of an old truck she bought three months ago. Driving a bike with on hand are suicidal thoughts.

Raven head to the back of the barn where her pick-up truck is parked, getting in and turning on the engines. She catch her own eyes in the rearview mirror, seeing for the first time her beat up face. Tracing the stitches on her eyebrow, the bruise on her jaw. All of it is so familiar to her.

She start to drive, but Balto run right in front of her, and sit down in front of the car, before she get the chance to get to the little dirt road leading from the road to her house. Raven pick up on what he wants and stop the car. With a sigh and an eye roll she reach out for the passenger door, opening it from the inside. Balto trot to the car, and jump on the seat with a content yelp. "You know buddy you're not a dog, people are gonna be scared." The wolf just growl in response, causing Raven to laugh at him. She reach out for the door again, closing it, before resuming her journey to town.

All throughout the drive, she listen to old music from the best frequency she could get on the busted radio, and talked to Balto about her past adventures and just recent one. Of course she's not going to the town where she used to work at, but go to the other one who's approximately the same distance away from her house as the other.

It doesn't change the fact that, when she park close to a store she knows sell all sort of material for houses protection, people whisper about her, or well, more about the wolf at her side actually, when she take a second to observe her surroundings.

When she push the door open of the store, a bell jingle, alerting the owner. A charming young blonde man, dressed casually with shorts and shirt, sneak a peek from behind the counter, looking at his customer. His blue eyes widen when they set on the animal accompanying her, gulping his saliva. "Hi, how can I help you ?" Raven look around the shop for a second, paying attention at the various things he's selling before looking back at the man. "Hi, I'm looking for house cameras and motion sensors."

The guy nod his head, motioning her to follow him, which she does with Balto on her trail. They go further in the shop, the young man sparing worried glances to the wolf who just look around, his tongue out like a panting dog, and what seems like a smile on his fur face. The owner clear his throat clearly uncomfortable, amusing Raven at his discomfort about the wolf, but he's too polite to say anything.

The young man, who's name tag revel 'James', motion toward shelves with different type of cameras, and another one behind her with motion sensors. She look at all the different electronics, her eyes immediately spotting the model she wants and point at it. It's a small camera, 180° field of view, night vision and rotary.