Chapter 27 | Foxtrot is down.

When Raven arrived in the medical wing, she was looking out a lot for Doctor Fraser, knowing she would get lectured about how irresponsible she is etc. So, she tried to avoid crossing path with the woman, asking for another doctor, but the nurse she talked to of course, paged Doctor Fraser getting a pointed look from the agent. Raven knows it's not their fault, Claire asked to be immediately clued in if the brunette would come in.  

The older woman took a liking in the ex mercenary, having a maternal like instinct with the girl so she never hold back on lecturing her. Raven know she's just scared and want her to look out more after herself, but apparently Raven can never come back to base without at least a scratch.

So of course, here she is now, the pillow from the bed she's sitting on, pressed around her head to muffle Claire's long speech about how she's becoming even more reckless, and is not using at least half of the little brain she has. Raven look at the doorway where she can see a clearly amused Natasha Romanoff, leaning against the wall on one side, arms crossed on her chest.

"Raven ! Are you listening to me ?" Claire snatch the pillow from her hands, Raven finally looking up at the fuming Doctor. "Huh ?" The older woman glare at the French brunette, who visibly shrink under the mother like death stare she gives her. "What would your mother think of you ?" A laugh reverberate in the room, the ex racer jumping from the bed, her movements closely observed by Claire, putting her weapons back in their holsters. "That I'm a disappointment. Like I always have been, and like I always will be in her eyes."

A somber atmosphere fall on the room, Doctor Fraser already knowing all of that. Since Raven trust her with her life, and she had to keep her talking a few times to distract her mind from the pain when the ex mercenary refused to have any type of sedative or pain killers while getting a bullet extracted or getting stitch back. She also knows about Raven and Natasha's complicated feelings towards each other. Well, she's not blind.

She slide on her bulletproof vest, directly going to the medical wing with all her stuff was probably not a good idea, but the redhead was really persistent for her to get checked out.

Doctor Fraser look at Natasha apologetically, closing the door so she can have some privacy with her patient. She wait a few seconds before saying anything, looking at the woman tightening everything else on her. "Raven, I know how you feel about your mother. But you haven't even talk to her since you left for Africa. I don't want to be the one to tell her you died being reckless."

Raven look at the sweet woman with a watery look, but Claire knows best, those tears won't spill. "I know, but every time I try and contact her, everything comes rushing back. I want to but I can't. Thanks for the patching up Doc." The ex soldier bring the woman in for a brief hug, which she return easily. "I'll see you around."

"No because if you come back, it means you're injured, and you better not be the next time I see you."

Raven open the door with a laugh, taking a right while Doctor Fraser take a left, shouting behind her shoulder "No promises."

Natasha join Raven's side, both walking back toward the main building. "Aren't you suppose to be doing paperwork ?" The redhead look at her with a smirk "I should, but then I remembered all of Doc's lecturing and I just couldn't miss this one." The ex soldier send her a glare huffing out. "Whatever." Romanoff laugh at Raven's exasperation before recovering a serious face. "So, what's up with your mom ?"

"I haven't called her in... 6 maybe 7 years now ?"

Natasha stops in her tracks, Raven stopping two steps after, rolling her eyes at the disapproving look the redhead is giving her, holding her hand up in defense. "Hey, no comment please I know a lot of people who don't talk to their parents for certain reason and I have my own. You my dear, are lucky that I am talking to you, and that I even forgave you. And, shouldn't you be checked out ? I may have got all the blast from that bomb, but you still could be injured."