Chapter 32

December 1981

"Where's Alice? She was supposed to be here an hour ago." Molly frowned, balancing little Ginevra Weasley in one arm.

"I don't know," Pandora frowned, "maybe she got held up at work?"

"She would've given a heads up, I would think," Molly said, "Fred! Give Percy his glasses back!"

"I'll go check if you'll watch Luna for me?" Pandora offered, Luna was squirming in her arms, nagging to be let down."

"She's pretty steady on her feet," Molly said as Pandora put her down.

"Yeah, she took her first steps last week," Pandora grinned, "freaked Xeno out, he put her down for a second and when he turned back around she was walking."

"Pretty early still," Molly said with an impressed look, "none of mine started walking until they were eleven months."

"She's nearly there," Pandora shrugged, "ten and a half, give a couple days."

"Still not talking?" Molly asked.

"No," Pandora shook her head, "sometimes I think I hear her say mama but I think I'm just imagining it honestly."

"Same with me and Ginevra," Molly sighed, "she's only four months, I know it's too early, but sometimes I swear I hear words in her nonsense."

"I'd like to think they're speaking their own language," Pandora laughed, pulling on her cloak, "I'll be right back, are you sure it's ok if I leave her here?"

"I already have seven," Molly joked, "what harm would one more do."

"Don't let Arthur hear you talking like that," Pandora grinned, stepping into the fire.

"Alice! Frank! Are you home!" She called, looking around the small cottage.

"Huh," she frowned, the house was empty.

A piece of parchment was on the counter, it looked like it had been left there accidentally, on the edge by the wastebasket.

We've got them, hurry now brother.

Pandora's voice died in her throat.

She knew the handwriting on the note, she read countless letters with the same handwriting through her years at Hogwarts.

"Rabastan, what did you do," she sobbed.

She flew back to the fireplace with a handful of Floo powder.

"Lestrange Manor!"

It was mere luck the wards hadn't been closed off to her, and she stumbled into her childhood house, for the first time in years.

The nostalgia hit her like a wall and she took a sharp breath, clutching her wand, turning her knuckles white.

"Hello, Sister," Rodolphus strutted into the room, his eyebrows raised, "what a pleasant surprise. I must say, I didn't believe it to be true when the wards notified me of your arrival."

"Rodolphus, I'm not here for games," she felt her face turn red, "where are they."

"And how would you know of that, Pandora—oh, my apologies, Mrs. Black."

"Rodolphus, I will not ask again."

"Come in and have a drink, everyone will be so happy to see you."

"Where are the Longbottoms," Pandora said once again.

"I must say, Mrs. Black, you are one hard witch to find," Rodolphus ignored her, "tell me, where have you been staying?"