Chapter 7

Sitting on my double bed reading the book I found about my family being Phoenix’s, I start wondering how the whole ‘hanging out’ thing is going, but then I remember Stiles comment saying “hot girls just don’t hang out with guys like us” then said I was “different” that really hurt me, but I don’t understand why. I sit crossed legged in my blue jeans and my baggy grey sweater that I bought at an Ed Sheeran concert I went to with Stiles; actually he bought me this sweater.

Stiles

I wish I could just tell him I do have some sort of feelings for him,

So he would stop chasing Lydia, wanting to date her, when he could date me

Wow I sound like a jealous creepy stalker who stalks her crush wanting to date them.

Suddenly I hear something hit my window and my head snaps toward the window.

Then I hear it again.

And again.

I slowly get off my bed and leave the book, walking to grab a hockey stick I use to use when I actually played the game and held it next to me.

My window opens and I swing the stick to only hear a manly scream.

I look out my window to see Stiles hanging from the ledge of the roof underneath my window.

Stiles

“Stiles what the hell!” I shout at him.

He crawls back onto the roof and walks to my window and steps inside my room. I move away from him, having my back facing him and placing my hockey stick down and place it under my bed. I feel him staring into the back of my head.

“Clara” He whispers and walks closer to me but I walk further away.

“Stiles, I know you didn’t mean what you said, but it still hurt” I whisper to him.

My eyes are starting to water, oh come on Clara, and toughen up.

Stiles comes up behind me and plays with my sweater and then grabs my hips making me face his adorable face. He notices my fears and holds my cheeks in his hands and sighs.

“I didn’t mean to upset you Clara” He whispers and then keeps going “You’re not hot Clara, you’re beautiful, too good for anyone, no one is good enough for you, and you deserve your prince in shining armour. You’re more beautiful than Lydia and Allison put together”

My breath hitches and I look up at him.

“I’ve liked you since the third grade, but I knew I never had a chance so I tried to go for Lydia, I didn’t want to make it look like I liked you, in case you didn’t feel the same way and it would ruin our friendship, I couldn’t risk losing you, I’ve lost so much, I can’t lose you Clara” Stiles says.