Chapter 9

I sigh, working at the video shop video 2 star C once every week isn’t really I problem, I don’t do much, but that makes my job boring, I think I will quit soon and work somewhere else. I play around on the shelves, placing DVDS in the right areas and watch my fellow worker fitting the light while on the latter. I see head lights enter our parking lot.

“We have someone finally coming to rent a movie” I shout to him.

“Why don’t they just download it?” He asks me and I shrug.

“To be honest, it’s most likely Lydia wanting to watch the Notebook with Jackson, I bet they are fighting about it in the car right now” I say then laugh and he laughs as well. I walk towards the counter and see Jackson leave Lydia’s car and walking in, not very happy from the looks on his face.

“Since when do you work here?” Jackson asks frowning.

“I don’t very often, I work like once a month, don’t worry I think I’m going to quit from this hell hole soon” I say smiling, tugging at the ugly blue uniform I have to wear.

The phone starts ringing from behind me.

“The Notebook?” I ask raising my eyebrow.

“The Notebook” Jackson says sighing, hanging his head.

“Can you answer the phone dude, we are trying to find ‘the notebook’” I yell out to my fellow worker and look around to notice he isn’t fixing the light anymore.  I frown; looking around the store, the light that he was fixing is sparking slightly, Jackson tugs on my sleeve and points to the feet lying on the floor.

Did he fall off and get hurt?

We walk slowly towards the legs, passing each shelve. We finally get to the bloody and turn the corner to find his eyes wide open, throat slashed out and covered in blood. I cover my mouth so I muffle my own scream.

Jackson starts to panic and runs back onto me causing me to hit the latter and knock the light hanging from the roof, the lights start to flitter and we look around the video store, pretty much waiting for someone or something to jump out at us.

We turn around, hearing a small growl; we come face to face with a large creature of the night, growling with its red eyes at us. Jackson gasps for his breath as my body shakes violently.

This is the alpha!

Oh my god

I’m going to die.

Jackson grabs me and pulls me down next to him behind one of the shelves.

“This isn’t going to protect us” I whisper to Jackson.

“Better than nothing” Jackson whispers back, trying to peer around the corner and see where the creature is.