Chapter 22

A/N: Oh boy, heaaaaavy stuff (mentions and showcase of blood, death, and more answers)

-0-0-0-

"You know... I'm starting to regret letting you out." Kaizo muttered as he watches Boboiboy walking in front of him, hiding the fact that he seemed to be slightly limping.

The brunette ignored the words of his friend as he continues walking. He still wore his blue hospital pants. Luckily, Kaizo seemed to have brought his orange jacket, which he wore the moment he went to those aliens. Boboiboy doesn't even have any time to think of changing, not when his gut feeling tells him otherwise.

Though, he slightly glanced at his friend, "Do you know anything?"

Kaizo shakes his head, "Sorry. As much as I would like to join in, I can't. Someone has to watch you, and it's not the brightest idea to let your siblings see you like this."

"I know." Boboiboy sighs, "Solar was the last one who saw me like this. But... I'm worried about Gempa."

Knowing that his friend isn't finished, Kaizo didn't react differently, "When your siblings, along with Tok Aba and Ochobot, arrived here, Gempa was the one who felt more panicked than your siblings. He kept on saying that you got hurt and that Solar might also be affected too."

The brunette couldn't say anything, not when images of Gempa's cries suddenly entered his mind, "H-He... it's like he senses my emotions, an empath of sorts. I already had a hunch as to why..."

"Maybe it's because he's connected to your earth element, Boboiboy." Kaizo pointed out, "And with him inheriting your power, it seemed as if a part of your elemental self just came with him."

Boboiboy narrowed his eyes, seemingly unsure of what to feel, "I love my brothers equally, no matter what their abilities are."

"I know, and it's because you're you." Kaizo assures him, "You're just conscious about it. Now that your youngest sibling experienced trauma, you're worried that it might destroy the image and love your sibling has for you."

Kaizo tried to gently put a hand on his shoulder, and the dark-haired captain didn't like how his friend flinched from the contact, "I won't judge you, Boboiboy. Not now, not ever, but you have to admit that it might not just be Solar or Gempa."

Boboiboy hesitantly looked at Kaizo, "Kaizo... I..."

"This has got to stop too, Boboiboy. I didn't want to push anything, but it seems like it's just becoming worse. Your siblings are terrified, Tok Aba and Ochobot are terrified." Kaizo tells, keeping his gaze at his friend,

"Whoever Admiral Amato is chasing, is also connected to you, your siblings, and the late Admiral Maya. I'm angry that this has happened to you and your family, I'm angry that your father seemed to have forgotten that he has the eldest son, who seemed to have not recovered from what happened six years ago."

"Kaizo... please just stop."

"I didn't talk about this for six years, Boboiboy, but I'm done being silent." Kaizo firmly replied, "I defended you, as well as Admiral Tarung and Commander Kokochi. It was the last resort, and Admiral Maya was caught from the crossfire."

"Kaizo, SHUT UP!" Boboiboy growled and didn't help how his hands were showing a dark gleam. He shoved Kaizo away but it didn't faze his friend.

"Mom... was never caught in the crossfire. She died the moment I suddenly used my dark powers."

Boboiboy hissed when his injuries began to feel pain once more, but he ignored the pain as he gazed at his friend, "She died... her injuries were fatal, and I prioritized my siblings."