Chapter 8

A/N: Mentions of blood, and yeh more trauma QwQ

-0-0-0-

"Bora Ra?" Ochobot asked, yet the teen flinched when he noticed the slight slit of his friend's eyes.

Boboiboy knew that the power sphere was anxious, "I talked to Kaizo. His family got attacked... and he almost lost Fang."

This made Ochobot realize why the teen was suddenly fixated in training his powers, "Fang? How are they? Especially Kaizo's little brother."

"They're fine. But shaken from the events, since that alien used Fang as a bargaining chip, in exchange for the power sphere that Kaizo's family has kept hidden."

The teen sighs, his eyes drifting away from the thoughts that are hindering his head, "And... do you remember back then? When you first gave me powers?"

His brown eyes dart back towards his friend, "I was the only one there to stop that bad guy from taking you. I was five, but I kinda new that he was bad news."

Ochobot suddenly grew worried. Even if it was years ago, the thought of it was somewhat terrifying for him. His memory was still fuzzy, but all he knew was that he needed to run away.

"You suddenly teleported at the station, and I was the first one to catch you."Boboiboy stated, "Everything was also fuzzy back there, since that alien managed to get in your portal and found us."

Ochobot didn't need to be told more, as he already figured it out, "Bora Ra... was the one who attacked me, right?"

The teen didn't answer, and looked away. But he gave a nod to confirm that statement.

"Ochobot..."

It was then when he noticed his friend glitching. Boboiboy was quick enough to catch him, before the yellow sphere could hit the ground.

"Ochobot!" He exclaims, worry etched all over him, "Hey, stay with me, buddy!"

His eyes were wide, and brows furrowed from the sight in front of him. Ochobot seemed to glitch even more and it didn't help how his friend was groaning and wincing from the pain.

'This was really a bad idea...' Boboiboy thought as he prepares his watch, 'I should have fought more for you to stay in TAPOPS!'

"Boboiboy..."

The teen noticed how his friend's metallic hand covered his watch, as if he knows what the teen was about to do.

"Ochobot..."

"Y-you're afraid?" Ochobot uttered, his voice hinted static.

"I am..." He replies without hesitation, "Unlike before, I know my family is safe. That I may not be needed, but I will still protect. Yet, now..."

His eyes dart back to the power watch, "Not when there's a stronger foe out there, and there might be no one to protect the family I have here. Ochobot... it's not safe here anymore. Not when –"

"But I ran towards you first." Ochobot replied, cutting his friend from saying those words, "I remember you, and there's a hint of regret for making you have those powers at such a young age."

Ochobot remembered being afraid, his memory was still a blur, but there were bits that came back to him. It was really Bora Ra who was chasing him. He opened a random location that was given to him by someone, and there he first saw a young Boboiboy. A child, however, that mere child didn't even think twice and protected him.

"You didn't give me away, even when you were afraid." Ochobot replies, looking directly at Boboiboy, "That's why I gave you powers to help you, and look how it turned out."