Favoritism

Marinette's POV

"What are they thinking?!" I yelled in frustration.

"What's wrong Marinette?" Tikki asked worriedly.

"Alya, Nino and a few other of my friends in class want to leave their sibling here with me again." I groaned.

"Don't you think they are doing this on purpose?" Tikki asked as I looked at her as a way for her to explain.

"Always making you babysit a lot instead of you trying to do your own thing?" Tikki said as I looked at her feeling hurt.

"You don't say." I looked at the time. I only volunteered to watch over Manon for today it doesn't mean I'm watching over their siblings. What do they think I am a daycare worker?

I've been baby sitting a lot recently and it's starting to get on my nerves that my classmates dump their little brothers and sisters onto me while they do they can have some freedom. Saying no is a problem because they would always bring up on how our friendship means something and if I don't want to do then I'm not their friend.

"I have a lot of responsibilities Tikki now that I am the guardian I have to make sure you all eat well and learn each and every one of you." Marinette said as she looked over at the other kwamis and the miracle box. I wish Master Fu hadn't left the miracle box in my care it is too risky since this puts a lot of pressure on my shoulders of Shadowmoth ever got a hold of any of the miraculouses we are all history.

"Well I for one think that just because you are their friend doesn't mean you should do these jobs for them for free." Trixx huffed.

"Is that even how friendship is supposed to be?" Orikko questions.

"To be honest with you it's not but I can't stand how much they judge me based off you know who's words." My tongue refuses to say the name of the girl who brought me into this mess.

"It appears that this new girl in the class has everyone at the palm of her hand and yet you wait for an opportunity." Sass hissed.

"Never thought of it that way but I see what you mean Sass I can't go down right now I need to do something." I said determined to find a way for them understand.

A few minutes gone by and Nadja had dropped off her daughter Manon to my place. Before Nadja left 20 minutes later Nino and Alya arrived to drop off their siblings so that they can go on their date. It feels like a rinse and repeat. Nino and Alya aren't the only ones to leave me with a lot of work. Mylene, Ivan, and Kim left their siblings in my care too Max also leaves his little cousin in my care too. Luckily for me I don't have to take care of them and just watching over Ella, Etta, Chris and Manon for now.

"Marinette can we play tag!"

"I'm hungry!"

"Ooh what are you making"

"Can we please watch Ladybug and Cat Noir movie please?"

As expected they rascals start to do their usual thing and I'm surprised I hadn't cracked under this much pressure.

"Hey I have an idea I made some rice and beans would you all like one?" I asked as they all looked at me and nodded. When I brought them their meal they looked at it before taking one bite.

"Wow this is so good!"

"I wish my sister could make something like this."

"Same here!"

"I wish my brother did too!"

The four happily ate their meals while talking about how they would want their families to make meals like this. At that point an idea stuck in my mind.