Tough break

No one's POV

"That's why Adrien will not be attending school anymore." Gabriel Agreste said from the video as everyone in the class were dumbstruck by the news except Lila.

Lila planned this to mess with Marinette's love life and friendship and the way to do so was to convince Adrien's father to believe that the class wasn't okay around him because of how much they are a bad influence on him. Gabriel would want to pull Adrien out of school thinking that overtime Adrien would rebel against his father's orders and get out of hand. He also thought this would strike up some negative emotions to who should be akumatized and in hopes of getting the ladybug and cat miraculous once more.

"You can't do that." Ivan yelled at the screen as one by one everyone started protesting Gabriel's decision.

"If you all think you deserve my son's friendship that important to you than none of this would ever happen not that I actually wanted Adrien to attend school for commoners like you." Gabriel coldly said.

"I'm sorry Mr.Agreste sir since Marinette has been a teaching Adrien the wrong ways a person should be." Lila spoke putting on her fake self to make it seem like she is innocent.

Marinette just at Lila and was ready to jump at her at any moment but chose to have a cool head and looked at Mr.Agreste.

"No need Ms.Rossi I'm sure they understand why I'm doing this just for my son." Gabriel said as he once more looked at the class with a frown.

"Commoners won't understand a thing about being good." Gabriel said.

Before anyone could say anything else Marinette spoke.

"It's not like you know Adrien yourself either." Marinette said lowly as Gabriel raised his eye brow being challenged by the talented girl who won the derpy hat contest.

"And why do you say that Ms.Dupain-Cheng Ms.Rossi has already told me what you have been up to with my son these days and it's not what I am very fond of what you do to him."

"Ever heard of hearing both sides of the story than 1 version of it in order to connect the dots of what really happened who knows of what she is saying is true or not." Marinette claimed.

"Are you calling me a liar?" Lila cried as she faked sobbed.

"If that's what you think you are but I didn't say anything about you yet. Whatever Lila said about me that's her but it would be better to hear it from the person she speaks negatively about. Besides I expected better from you Mr.Agreste to investigate the matter and not jump into conclusions like a gossip mill." Marinette said as the class gasped by how she stood up against Gabriel while Gabriel on the other hand felt offended by Marinette's words but decided to challenge her.

"Hah a mere commoner like yourself wouldn't stand a chance to stand next to my son just because you are friends and I can give you some boost up on your career according to what Lila has told me you have been using him." Gabriel now is starting to play dirty with Marinette as Marinette smiled by what he said and laughed.

"Seriously why would I need you to enter in the world of fashion may I remind you that you aren't the only person in the world who is famous for their designs and fashion. Not to mention that during the time Adrien was modeling Chloe's mother Audrey said something about "Without me he'd be drawing his unworthy designs in his grim studio." So before you weren't well known without the help of Audrey and if it weren't for her you wouldn't be so successful right now am I wrong?"

Gabriel could feel his nerves twitch feeling irritated that Marinette is tearing him down so easily while she isn't fazed by any insults from him.

"At least now I'd know my son shouldn't be around people like you who think it's right to disrespect their superiors." Gabriel retorted.

"If that's what you believe then that's on you but you're preventing his social skills to not grow if you want Adrien to reach your business to new heights and even if you teach him how to do it. We all know he is doing it because he has a Mr.Controlfreak dad who tells him what to do."

"Burn." Nino said while eating popcorn.

"Marinette don't make this bad as it is for Adrien to be pulled out of his last day of school." Lila continued to play innocent.

"Before you leave Mr.Agreste I have a question for you. Just a simple question what was the last gift you gave to Adrien on his birthday?"

Gabriel looked at his assistant for an answer before looking back at Marinette but before he could say anything Marinette stopped him.

"Too slow when it's obvious you didn't get your son a gift on his birthday otherwise you wouldn't have to wait 7 seconds to reply."

"It was a scarf that I told my assistant to give him made by me."

Marinette smirked as Alya looked at Marinette trying her best not to laugh as well by how much of a fool Gabriel is going to be in the next few seconds.

"Congratulations in being the so called best dad of the year. That scarf is made by me and it's clearly seen on the tag of the scarf which proves my point why you would negotiate with a liar who knew."

Everyone in the room started cheering on for Marinette as Gabriel couldn't believe what just happened. He never in his entire life thought a commoner like Marinette to question his decision making for his son and the fact that she brought up the gift Adrien received from his last brithday was enough proof to not be a lie.

Adrien on the other hand has mixed emotions as he pulled out the scarf out from his bag from his last birthday and see the tag which clearly says Marinette's name on it.

"Why father why did you lie to me?" Adrien looked at his father as Gabriel looked at Adrien not sure in what to say next.

"So tell me Mr.Agreste you think you know us when it's clear to me that you don't know us not even to your own son. I don't know what you do in your own time but majority from what we hear from Adrien goes on and on about "father going on business trip" or "attending a meeting." All Adrien ever needed is for you to be there for him and not just his fame and money."

"Jumping into conclusions aren't you Marinette." Lila tried to regain her power.

"Who said I am when it's the truth something you could never talk about if your life depends on it." Marinette said as Lila growled in anger of how Marinette is ruining her plan.

"Adrien isn't the perfect ideal model guy every girl wants he has no backbone to stand up for himself. In life it's more likely the Survival of the Fittest Adrien could never last outside with people who can hurt him emotionally and mentally."

Marinette kept on tearing down what Adrien lacks of and Gabriel refused to think his son to be the weakest as to what Marinette claimed.

"How would you know about what my son needs?"

"Because unlike you I listen and pay attention to him as a friend. Remember he isn't high on the social ladder so reconsider in what you do." By the time Marinette was done she took out her headphones and listen to music ignoring Mr.Agreste's words.

_________________________________________

I think I need to take a break from posting rn since my work is coming out less creative and I need a break rn so I'll be back when I have enough energy again.