Family or fortune?

No one's POV

"So that's why I am looking for a care taker for my grandparents." Lila cried as everyone in the class gave her sympathy.

"If only someone would help take care them while I went out overseas to help Prince Ali with the water pollution problem but I don't know who to ask." Lila continued crying as everyone looked at each other.

"We'd love to Lila but most of us have packed schedules and we don't want to disappoint your grandparents for not having high expectations of us." Alya said while others followed in what she said.

"Yeah dudette I don't think any of us are fit for the job." Nino said scratching the back of his head.

Lila is trying her best to be really upset so someone can take the job. Of course she loved her grandparents for the amazing gifts they give her and once they pass away she would inherit their fortune. The thought of her grandparents departure was what Lila couldn't wait for. When she found out her grandparents need to be taken care of is where Lila denied in doing so. When she spoke with her mother about it her mother told her if she didn't want to take the responsibility then she should find someone for the job. With that said Lila set off to school to look for the person who would take care of her grandparents instead of her.

"There must be someone who can help them?" Ivan said as everyone looked at each other amongst themselves as all their heads turn to Marinette in the back row minding her own business.

"Ahem." Alya fake coughed to get Marinette's attention but Marinette didn't look up.

"Hello earth to miss jealousy here." Alix rudely said as Marinette looked at them with an annoyed expression of her "friends" who had the nerve to disturb her time.

"What do you all want?" Marinette said coldly.

"No need to be so cold Marinette and we all agreed that you need to help Lila's grandparents." Mylene said.

"I'm busy." Marinette replied.

"Stop making excuses and take the offer who knows if you have better luck than what you are doing right now." Alya demanded.

"I'm not going to do so don't force something on me when I say no." Marinette said as she decided to walk out of the classroom.

"Can't get some peace and quiet for once." Marinette muttered as she exited the room leaving an angry class calling her names again.

The next day~

"Marinette!" Marinette's mom Sabine called her daughter as Marinette woke up and went down to see what her mother needs.

"Marinette sweetie we need you to take care of Lila's grandparents." Sabine said. Upon hearing this news this surely snapped Marinette fully awake.

"What?" Marinette said.

"Rose, Juleka, Mylene, Alix and Alya came by and asked us if you can take care of Lila's grandparents since they need special care so we have decided that you will take care of her parents." Marinette's dad Tom said.

"But mom dad who will help you out at the bakery?" Marinette said worriedly.

"We'll be fine Marinette you just need to take care of Lila's grandparents for now on while Lila goes on another trip outside of Paris helping the ocean." Her mother said looking at her daughter with a pleading look on her face.

Marinette would want to say that is a flat out lie but didn't want to upset her parents if she said no into helping the elderly and the last thing she didn't need is to face her classmates when they find out she said no after she told them no and decided to convince her sweet parents into taking the job.