🧭 Chapter 7 - Lost is Found Pt4

It had been just under a week since Lucy had been discharged from the hospital following her kidnapping, and her and Tim had been cruising along in the start of their relationship just fine.

Right now, the were cuddling on the couch, chatting idly, with Law and Order playing on the TV. Tim fiddled with a piece of Lucy's hair as she stared up at him.

"I think I'm ready to be back on patrol," Lucy said, her hands gently tapping on Tim's legs. Tim was leaning up against the armrest, and Lucy was laying down between his legs, the back of her head resting on his chest.

"Are you sure? I mean, you're only been out of the hospital for a week," he countered gently.

"I'm sure; I miss everyone at the station, and I've already started going back to the gym, I'm getting better," she reassured him.

"I know your fine physically, but mentally? You were kidnapped Lucy, held hostage for two days. Plus people are going to see the different attitudes between us. It'll be hard to hide it."

Lucy contemplated his words, mulling them over in his head. Tim watched her, he could practically see the gears turning in her head.

Lucy had been kidnapped. Though she was physically fine, was she really okay to go back to the job? Was she ready? And what they were doing would surely be noticed at the station - Tim could be demoted, suspended, or even fired.

But then again, Lucy still needed a job. She had gotten this far in the past four years, she couldn't stop now.

"I know," she began slowly, "what could happen if the station found out about us. But I can't let that prevent me from working. I'll go to the shrink and get back on the job, and if I'm not ready I'll rest up a bit more. In the meantime, before or if we disclose our relationship, we'll just have to be extra careful. Is that okay with you?"

Tim thought over her words, slowly nodding his head. He liked that.

"If your okay then I'm okay," he answered, kissing the top of her head. Lucy snuggled down into Tim and he wrapped his arms around her, wiggling a bit. Lucy groaned as he stood up, lifting her from the couch.

"We can't exactly sleep on the couch together, my toes will get cold," he whispered. Walking them into the bedroom, he laid her down on the bed, climbing in beside her. He gave her forehead three quick kisses before settling down, and drifting off for the night.

and that's it luvs 😊 a very short chapter, but I'm preparing for a much longer one, maybe 2000 words of a part 5 of this series. hope you enjoyed some Chenford fluff, and look forward to the next part - it'll be out in a few days luvlys after I attend to a request:)

Again, any suggestions are welcome and wanted:)

Bye bye luvs, au revoir 👋❤️