Prologue

Dear Diary,

As I was about to close my window, I see a glimpse of someone on the floor praying. I wondered who it was as he couldn't see her face.

As I was about to give up, the girl turned her face to the window.

It was her.

The girl who had her face in books all the time. But I didn't know her name as everyone in school didn't like me. I was the kind of guy that your parents wouldn't want you to spend time with or even date.

The guys hated me because their girlfriends would swoon over me as I pass in the hallway. But no one had caught my eye until now.

I was mesmerized by how she prayed concentrating on her prayers and nothing else.

"Maya, the food is ready. Come and eat", I hear her mother calling her.

The girl stood up and folded what seemed like a prayer mat and kept it beside her desk.

It was her.

She has the brightest eyes that I saw. But I was trouble. I didn't need to put someone like her in my life.

She is pure.

I am tinted.

She is a rose.

I am a thorn.

Most people would say that opposite attracts but for us it is not about us being opposite. It's about who we are.

She is an Angel.

I am the devil.

I began to watch over her every day. I couldn't get her out of my mind ever since I saw her in her room praying.

The concentration she had when praying.

I couldn't my eyes off her, the way she moves.

"Maya, come down dinner is ready", a voice calls her.

She started to keep her things away, I watched as she opened her hijab. I couldn't look away from her.

"Coming, mamma", she replies. She was beautiful, and I couldn't help but take a picture of her.

"Maya", I repeated her name.

I then shut my window and walked toward my bed. I laid down looking at the picture I took of her.

I lay on my bed looking at the picture on my phone of her.

I remembered someone that had the same eyes as Maya did but I couldn't remember her name or who she is.

Sighing off,

Roc.