Chapter Seventeen; Turning Maya's Emotions Off.

Jade's Pov. { Maya's Sister}

Ever since Maya returned home she has become a different person

Ever since Maya returned home she has become a different person. I knew that this had to do with the fact that Roc is leaving and Jayden has no idea where he is going.

I just hope that my sister is going to be okay. She protected me and now it's my turn to protect her.

We are in this together, MayMay.

When I came to live with my parents, May welcome me with open arms. She never questioned why I was there, she just accepted me as her sister.

She despises the word adopted.

"Maya...."

"Yes?".

"Are you alright?", I ask her but all I got was a sad smile from her.

"I am fine, Jay. Alhamdullilah", she tells me with a sad voice which she was trying to hide from me but couldn't.

I know my sister and I know how much she hurting because of what happened.

In a few days, we will be leaving to go to college for almost 4 years. I wanted to spend time with her but had to take her time doing this.

"Let's go and watch a movie. Morbius", I tell her knowing that it's one of her favorite genres.

"You know you don't have to do this...."

"I want to do it for you. Besides, it is been a while since we did that", I tell her leading her to her room while I go and get our favorite snacks and drinks.

"Is she alright?", dad asks me as he saw me with the snacks and drinks.

"She says that she is. But I don't think she is. I will try and get her mind off this until the day she is ready to move on and let go", I explain to him. "Besides, the things she did to me were something that couldn't be repaid. I owe her more than this, dad. She accepted me for who I am without any questions", I added smiling at the memories that we shared.

"She always wanted a sibling but due to some medical reasons we couldn't give her that but Allah made it possible with you. When you came into our lives. You became someone she needed more than she wanted. I will leave to go now", dad tells me smiling.

I walked back to her room only to find her holding her cat while her laptop is on Netflix.

"Alright, I think I got everything that we need. Now it's time for us to watch the movie", I tell her putting the snacks on the bed beside her.

"Thank you, Jay. For everything".

I smile at her and put on the movie. I wish I could know what is going on in her head.

I hope and pray that she will be alright and this will pass. 

Maya's Pov.

I know that everyone is trying to make me feel the same way as I did before but that's impossible

I know that they love me but I just wanted to be left alone but I can't tell them that. They are my family and I love them for that.

I watched the movie but my mind wasn't in it. In a few days, I will be leaving to go to college. My dream college but it's no longer a dream.

I still haven't looked at my diary when he said that he wrote something for me. I couldn't bear it. 

As the days pass, it was time for me to leave first and the Jade will leave in a day or two. As I was saying goodbye to my family I noticed that they looked sad.

Was it because of me leaving? Or because I don't want to feel anything?

"Mamma, dad what's with the long faces? I am going to come back and please smile. Don't let me leave with your faces imprinted in my mind", I tell them smiling even though they knew that the smile I have on is fake.

"Okay, Maya. We love you so much. Take care of yourself for us", Mamma tells me smiling.

"I will and I love you guys so much. And Jay when I get back I want to eat more of the delicious food you will make just for me", I tell her as I hug her.

It was time for my flight. I hugged my family one last time before I leave.

In shaa Allah I will be back. Maybe just maybe I will be back the way I was.

The thing I didn't know was that someone was watching me as I hugged my family.

He watches me fake my smile to my family just because of him except I don't blame him.

I never will.