Chapter Eighteen; Rocco's Message To Maya In Her Diary.

Maya's Pov.

As I sat on the plane with my diary in my hand, debating whether to read what he wrote for me

As I sat on the plane with my diary in my hand, debating whether to read what he wrote for me. I don't know if I can handle another breakdown.

I take a deep breath and opened the page he marked with a drawing he made of the both of us.

I couldn't help but admire it. He made it with love but the same love that hurt both of us.

To MayMay,

I know that you might be angry if you know what I am about to do. But always remember that this time I am doing this for me, for both of us.

First I want to say that I love you Maya with all my heart but that's not going to be enough.

Some day you will forgive me for this, MayMay. You are right about me converting for me and that's why I am leaving after graduation and maybe before you even read this.

You will always have my heart and you will always be in my mind.

I am leaving because I need to do this. To find me and to be a better version of you Roc.

When I lost my parents it was one of the worse days of my life but it hurts the same as today. My leaving is something that I always thought about hard.

I am not saying goodbye, MayMay and I will never say it.

I love you, Maya A Hassan. And when I return I pray and hope that you will welcome me into your arms as I never left them.

You are my love, my first everything.

I will see you soon,

Your Roc.

I could feel tears falling down my face while smiling. I know that I looked weird but it's what I feel inside my heart. I am happy and also sad at the time.

He does love me but it wasn't enough wasn't it to leave me? But in a way, I do understand what he did but what I didn't understand is why he didn't even come to see me off.

I used to look through his window just to get a glimpse of him but that wasn't even possible.

Why?

Because he wasn't even at his house most of the days I have been there since the day I ran away from him.

"Hey is something wrong?", a voice on my left asks me. I turned to see an old woman smiling at me.

She reminded me of my grandma Ayat who died when I was young but I knew that she loved me and my cousins.

"I am fine, ma'am", I tell her smiling.

"It's okay my dear. I know that it's hard but sometimes distance is what two people in life need to make sure that they are right for each other. Or maybe the distance is much needed for them to grow", she tells me smiling at me.

She was right but does that mean that he will come back to me when he has found himself?

"Thank you for those words. I appreciate it", I tell her with a smile.

"Real love is hard to find nowadays. When you have it, never let it go. Hold on to it, my dear".

"I will".

Rocco's Pov.

Seeing her from a distance and not being able to hold her is the worse thing that could happen to anyone

Seeing her from a distance and not being able to hold her is the worse thing that could happen to anyone. I wish that I could leave everything and just run towards her. But I can't do that especially when I hurt her more than anyone.

I even left my place so that we won't be able to see each other as it would hurt me more than her.

I watched her as she hugged her family with tears on her face. I wanted so badly to run to her so that I could wipe them off her face.

What is wrong with you, Roc? You wanted this to happen and now you are having second thoughts, why? I need to do this for myself and her too.

It was time for me to leave for where I am supposed to be. Jayden knows everything about what to do if I was needed.

He knows how to get in contact with me which wouldn't be a problem for him as he is my brother more than my best friend.

This is it for me. I will see you after four years, MayMay. I love you so much.