Chapter Nineteen; In The Future. Four Years Later.

Author's Pov.

It has been a hectic four years for both Maya and Rocco. It was time for them to finally meet each other. But will they be together or someone would get in between them?

"Finally going home. I can't wait to see my family and my sister Jade", Maya tells her friend Lina.

"Well, that's great. We still have graduation to go through first", Lina tells Maya laughing.

"I know that. One more day then home sweet home".

"You seem eager to get home. Is there someone waiting for you?", Lina asks her friend.

Maya immediately touch the ring that was on her necklace, remembering him. The guy who has always been in her mind and her heart.

"No one. Just my parents and my sister".

Each time she would think of him, tears would form in her eyes but not this time.

This time it's different because she is at peace with what he had decided four years ago. It was time to let go of the dream she had of the two of them.

She needed that for her sake and sanity. It was time for them to get ready for graduation.

"Come on, enough talking. Let's get ready", Maya tells her friend who just shakes her head.

Meanwhile, Rocco was waiting for the event to start so that he could see her.

His MayMay.

The love of his life. But he didn't want to appear near her to not disrupt what they both have built.

You will see me when we both get home, Maya. I promise you that I will try my best to get you to forgive me even though you might not forgive me.

Rocco took a seat behind Maya's family because he didn't want to be seen but unfortunately or fortunately for him, her mother saw him and just smiled at him.

He shook his head when she requested him to seat in front.

Rocco couldn't help but smile when her name was called.

Beautiful as she has always been. I am so proud of you, MayMay.

Rocco has already graduated a month ago. He is now a certified counselor following in Jason's footsteps.

Maya felt someone staring at her as she walked down the stairs of the podium but she internally shook her head.

Everyone is watching, May. It is not like anyone different is in the crowd, it couldn't be him, right?

It was time for him to leave and take his flight back home before she did. He needed to get back before Maya so that he could plan the surprise he was supposed to give her.

Meanwhile, Maya was with her family in a restaurant celebrating her achievements but she felt something missing or maybe someone.

"Still thinking of him, Maya?", Jade asks her sister who looked miles away.

"Who? Jay, I am not thinking about anyone, and before you say anything else. I will ask you the same. Are you thinking about someone in particular?", Maya asks wiggling her eyebrows.

"Maya, stop saying stupid things. Jayden and I are just co-workers and nothing more...."

"I wasn't talking about Jayden, sis. Anyways, let's go before dad appears and does what we don't want him to", Maya tells her sister.

Both the sisters walk back to their father who is waiting for them outside the restaurant.

It was time for them to leave and rest until tomorrow. Tomorrow will be the day that Maya has to go back to reality and maybe just maybe to him.