Chapter Two; Moving To A New House And Getting New Neighbors.

Maya's pov

Maya's pov.

Growing up with open-minded parents made it easier to get to know people for who they are and not for what I hear how people talk about this. You learn a lot when you listen to or even spend time with them. Don't judge a person based on what people say about you.

What happens when you are told that you need to move because of your parents' job?

One; you would be angry.

Two; you would throw a tantrum.

Three; yell at your parents.

Yeah, no. Jade and I didn't do that because we knew how important the move is for our family. Besides we get to move closer to nana Nayla, grandpapa Jason, and most importantly our great-grandpa Hussein who is currently in a wheelchair and sick.

Alhamdullilah, now grandpa lives with nana Nayla because it was better than taking him to an old age home.

Yeah, we rather have him at home than it's a stranger's place where he won't be comfortable.

"Packing, I wish I could just snap my fingers and the room would magically pack itself into boxes", I murmured to myself.

Time for a little break, I sat down on the floor and took out my diary just to write for a while.

Yeah, I know what you are thinking. Here is an almost 18-year-old teen who has a diary.

Yes, I do.

My dad gave it to me when I never saw him again after my birthday a month before I met Jade. When he gave me the rose that stays in my diary which I carry everywhere I go.

Dear Diary,

I had a dream, well it wasn't the same as the others. This was very different. He gave me a rose, a plastic rose that I will always cherish until we meet again.

As for the dream, I was at his house in his backyard playing when suddenly he took my hand and we sat down to watch the sunset.

As I was about to see his face, I woke up.

Who are you?

Will I ever meet him again?

Will he recognize me as his MayMay?

I look at the rose he gave me every day, thinking of him. What was he up to?

Does he have a girlfriend?

Does he remember me?

Yeah, yeah too many questions that have no answers. The only one who can answer is him but I have seen him since I was 4 years old and he was 6.