Chapter Four; Where Are You, Alfie?

Maya's Pov.

Many will say that pets are just animals but in reality, they are more than that

Many will say that pets are just animals but in reality, they are more than that. They are part of our lives, they make a great impact on our lives yet we don't understand until we lose them.

Alhamdullilah for the long week that I had to endure because of two things.

One of them is why can't people take silence as an answer example that blue-eyed guy.

The second thing is him being my English partner all thanks to my mother.

Thank you, mamma, for making me partners with the guy that doesn't know what personal space is.

Rocco Prescott.

Today out of everything that is happening, Alfie decided to go on a joy ride and is currently missing.

This isn't the first time he has done this but this isn't our old house when I knew where to find him.

"Alfie", I started shouting inside the house and Jade went to look for him around the neighborhood.

"Did you find him, Jade?", I ask my sister as she just came back from outside. She was looking for him around the neighborhood.

All I got from her was a shaking her head meaning no, she doesn't know where he went.

Sometimes I wish I had a tracker implanted in his fur so that it could be useful at times like this.

"Let's just look around one more time and then we can head home", Jade tells me putting her arm around me.

"Remember the day we found him. He was small, dirty and smelly". I say to her smiling.

Flashback.

Jade and I were coming home from the supermarket which wasn't far from home when we heard a meow near the trashcans.

"Did you hear that?", I asked her while she shook her head.

"Meow"

"I think there's a cat here....."

I didn't even finish what I was saying when Jade lifted one of the trash bags and under it was a tiny kitten.

It looked really small and dirty.

"Ya Allah"

I slowly crouched down to pick him up. All I could see was it was scared and hissing at us.

"Let's get you home and cleaned up then we will feed you", we then walked into the house.

End Of Flashback.

That was the day that I gave him the name Alfie. He was into biting and swiping whenever I passed by him.

We looked around one last time and decided to go home without him.

Rocco's Pov.

Saturday morning is usually lazy but not this morning when I heard a meow in the kitchen. I knew that we didn't have a cat so who wasn't even mine? I didn't know where it came from.

I followed the sound and found the cat in the kitchen on the counter. 

"Where did you come from?", I asked as I petted him. I knew that I have seen him somewhere but I couldn't exactly place him.

"When did we have a cat?", Reese/Jayden asks as he entered the kitchen.

"We don't. I found him in the kitchen. And no we can't keep him as he isn't ours", I tell him because I knew that he would want to keep it in a heartbeat.

"Fine, but at least get him some food", he says removing a can of tuna from the cabinet and a plate for the cat.

"How do you know it's a he and not a she?", I asked him as he placed the food down for the cat to eat.

"Because I know his owner and they were looking for him all morning but he ended up here", he explained to me. Before I could ask who they were he pointed at the next-door neighbor's house.

"Well after he is done eating take him back to his owner", I tell him but all I got was him walking out of the door and leaving the cat with me.

Great thanks a lot, Reese.

I waited until the cat was done eating and then put the plate in the dishwasher. I then carried him and opened the front door and walked over to her house.

I rang the doorbell and waited for about five minutes for someone to open it. As I was about to give up when I heard the door open.

It wasn't her but her sister who was Reese's classmate her name is Jade.

"Hey, I found him in my kitchen......"

"Jade, who is at the door?", someone asks her before I could even finish talking to her.

"Someone returned Alfie who was missing. Thank you, I can take him from here", she tells me and I put the cat down but instead of going inside the house, he went to the backyard.

"Alfie, finally. Where have you been?", a voice says to him. I knew who it was.

Maya.

"Thank you again. Allah Khafiz", Jade tells me as she closes the door and went back inside.

As I walked back to the house, I could see her carrying the cat inside the house. She has the biggest smile on her face.

I shook my head and walked back to the house but my mind was on her.

MayMay.

Where could she be?

I miss her so much.