Chapter Sixteen; Graduation Day And Is It Goodbye Or See You Later Part Two

Maya's Pov.

As we approached the school, I felt a little bit nervous because of seeing him again

As we approached the school, I felt a little bit nervous because of seeing him again. It's not that I don't want to see him but the feelings that I have for him will never go away even though I want to.

"Are you alright, Maya?", Jade asks me removing me from my daydream. "I know you will say you are fine but if you need to talk I have it here", she added squeezing my hand.

"I know and thank you for that", I tell her smiling at her. We got out of the car and walked towards the venue. I couldn't help but wonder my eyes to look for Rocco but unfortunately, I didn't see him.

"It's okay, Maya. Come on let's go take our seats", Jade tells me leading me to our assigned seats.

Thankfully we are sitting together. I took a deep breath and look forward to where the principal and our parents were sitting.

They were both teachers so it required the to sit in front of the podium.

After what seemed like five minutes, the empty seats that were beside me were occupied. I didn't want to look at who was sitting there.

"Hey, MayMay".

The only one who I was nervous to find sitting beside me.

Rocco.

It was time for the event to start.

Rocco's Pov.

As I took a seat beside her, I could hear her taking a deep breath before turning to see who said hey to her

I wanted to say something else but it was time for the event to start. I look forward to trying to distract myself from the girl sitting next to me but was that even possible?

For me, no it wasn't.

As the names of every graduate were called, I felt nervous because it would be soon that I would have to leave her.

It was for the best, for both of us. She was right, I need to do this even if it will break both of our hearts.

As every student was called including us, it was time for me to talk to her one last time before I go.