Chapter 15

I sat on the bed, sketching, when Astral finally came to the room

I sat on the bed, sketching, when Astral finally came to the room. It felt like I had been sitting there for days, but it was more likely I had been alone an hour or so.

"Hey..." he said hesitantly.

"Hi," I replied, in a cold tone and without looking up from my notebook.

He sat down on the bed, hesitantly. "So..."

I didn't move beyond just continuing my sketch.

"I think we gotta talk."

"You think so?" I had no idea where my snark was coming from, but it felt good to be the snarky one for once.

"Yeah, I think so." He took a deep breath. "I didn't mean to say we're not..." He stopped and sighed. "Listen I don't even know what we are, Mars."

"Right."

"I just need to know what you consider us to be."

I shrugged. He sighed louder this time and gently took my notebook out of my hands. I finally looked up and met his gaze.

"What do you consider us?"

He put the notebook down on the bed and moved closer. "I don't know what to call it, but I'm also not as smart as you."

"You know what to call it." I looked down at my hands. "You know exactly what to call it. I don't know why you don't want to. I share you bed. I have for years. Is that all this is to you?" I looked up again, meeting his gaze.

"You know it isn't." He moved closer again, taking my face in his hands. "It's not just that, Mars."

"Then what is it."

"You know what it is," he murmured and leaned in, kissing me. For a second, I allowed myself to enjoy the kiss before I pulled back.

"Tell me."

"You're... Everything to me, Mars. You're my sun and stars."

Alright, I guessed that was enough because I kissed him back this time. "You know you're everything to me too," I whispered against his lips. "Everything, Astral."

"Yeah, I know that." He pulled back and brushed some of my hair out of my face. "I'm genuinely sorry for making you upset. It was never my intention to make you feel like you weren't important to me."

"I know." I smiled a little, just to calm him down.

"I just don't want anyone in our business. What we are to each other is between us. I don't want anyone ruining it."

"And telling people what we are will ruin it?" I arched a brow.

"No, but... What if someone uses it against us. Like they did at college. They set me up at that party, Mars. Everything could've been ruined and..." He circled his arms around my neck and brought me close. "I wouldn't be able to live with that."