Chapter 30

"Why are you so tense?" he asked as we got ready for bed

"I told you. I don't feel safe here." I slid my shirt off and Astral looked down at my chest. He fought so hard to not smile, but it looked like that keeping the snotty expression off his face, made him forget about his hands. They landed right above my hips, pulling me closer.

"I'm sorry, what were we talking about?" he asked and blinked, still not looking up to meet my gaze.

"Idiot," I breathed and smiled.

"I know it feels weird here. I feel it too. But..."

"I know," I sighed. "I want you to get better. I want it so badly. That's also why I haven't left yet."

He kissed my cheek and then moved down to my throat, his fingers softly running over my body. "I know. And you're so strong. For me. I like it."

"It's not hard being strong for you. Supporting you is very easy," I murmured and took his face in my hands, getting him to look at me. "You're effortless."

"I know that's not true, but it's very nice that you'd lie about it." He closed his eyes and leaned his head slightly against my hand. I gently ran my thumb over his cheek and then brought him closer to kiss him. He sighed against my lips and it undid me. He was so sweet.

"It's not really a lie, Astral," I whispered and moved down to his throat, softly running my tongue over his skin. He tipped his head up and tried to fight down a groan, but it didn't really work.

I let my fingers travel down to the first button his borrowed shirt, slowly undoing one after the other. I slid the shirt off his shoulders and placed soft kisses on him.

I really loved exploring his body. Every little ripple, freckle and bump got the same amount of attention and love. I was so happy to be able to do this. This was when I felt like I could properly show him I loved him. It wasn't just words uttered, but something physical I could do to make him feel loved as well.

His hands sprung to life as well, going for my trousers. I leaned back a little, to give him room to work in. He got them opened and shoved his hands down, grabbing my butt and pressing me to him.

"I have a feeling you're trying to distract me," he said then as I ran my hand up in his hair, getting him to tip his head to the side so I could easily kiss his throat again.

"Is it working?" I murmured, running my tongue over the thin skin stretching over a particular protruding muscle.

"Will you judge me if I say yes?"

I snorted and continued.

"I really want to talk about this, Mars," he groaned and pressed me to him again, my hips against his. Then he grabbed my hips, turned us around and shoved me down on the bed. I laughed and moved up as he grabbed my trousers pulling them off me. I helped kicking them off and then he pulled his own down before getting on the bed, crawling towards me. He had this hungry look in his eyes, and I loved how he looked at me.