Chapter 26

"I've found something interesting," Astral said and came back to bed

"I've found something interesting," Astral said and came back to bed. He had been rummaging through the books I had brought back to our room, but the book he was holding wasn't one of mine. And it had that stupid star on it. It was the one the man in the dumb robe had given me. Why had he even kept it? I was sourly disappointed because I had been admiring his naked body as he crouched down in front of the pile of books.

"Look," he said and pointed at a page with an illustration. It was a person surrounded by stars, holding one in their hand. "This is the origin story of how the star-children are made. A powerful mage plucks the stars out of the sky and fuses it with a soul of a chosen one. Meaning, you're a chosen one according to them."

I rolled my eyes and finished a leaf on my sketch.

"Maybe we could go to the temple here in town and get more information."

"I don't wanna set foot in another temple."

"Mars, there's talk of healing in here too. I don't want my visions to be like this for the rest of my life. If I can find anything in that temple, I want to go. And I would really like it if you came with me. I don't do well on my own, you know that."

"You'd insult them and get thrown out on ass and elbows."

"I would. But I'm much better at behaving when you're around. You know that."

"I know that," I muttered. "If it's for your visions, then alright. If they start any of that star-child shit, I'm going to walk out. Storm out. Very dramatically too."

"Only you could storm out as dramatically I'm sure," he murmured and kissed my cheek.

"You ruined naked-time," I sighed.

"Oh bother, I did."

We hadn't gotten dressed all day. Hadn't seen anyone all day either. Had only gotten out for some food at one point and gotten enough so we wouldn't have to leave.

"I didn't mean too, though." He sounded so cute when he put on that special begging voice. And he knew it made me all weak.

"You're so manipulative," I murmured and turned my head, receiving a kiss.

"Only when I want something from you," he chuckled and kissed me again.