Chapter 38

It was much later when I felt fingers in my hair, pulling my head back

It was much later when I felt fingers in my hair, pulling my head back. I smiled up at Astral and let him place a soft kiss on my mouth.

"Keefe told me I could find you here. Should've known if there was a place with books, you'd take up residency fast."

"You know me. I love reading." I chuckled a little goofily.

"It's almost dinner time. You've been here for hours. Aren't you hungry?" He slid his hand out of my hair and picked up the book I was reading, flipping a couple of pages before going to the first one, to read the title. "Elfish remedies?"

"Why not expand my knowledge as much as possible?" I asked and shrugged a shoulder, taking the book back from him.

"Anything interesting in there?"
"Sun and stars, Astral, it's amazing what the bioluminescent plants can do. I need to take some samples. And I need to make so many notes. I need another notebook."

The sides of Astral's mouth twitched and he shook his head. "I'll find you another notebook," he said softly and kissed my cheek. "Come eat with me. Before you grow roots here."

I chuckled, turning my head, and receiving a kiss on the lips. My stomach growled just at the thought of food and in fairness I had been suppressing it for a while. I had been too busy reading and trying to redo parts of our thesis. I wrote a whole part about Venus and Astral's newfound immortality.

"Astral," I said softly and turned a page in the notebook Keefe had found for me earlier. "How are your visions now?"

"I haven't had one, but I feel one coming soon," he murmured not looking entirely focused on the subject, but more focused on running his fingers through my hair.

"Does it feel different this time?"

"Mmh, I'm not as on edge and my hands aren't shaking." He moved some hair out of the way and kissed me right under my ear.

I gasped a bit and then couldn't hold back a satisfied smile. He kept pushing his tongue against my skin and it felt so great. I was almost forgetting what we were talking about before I snapped out of it and moved to the side, out of his reach.

"You devious fiend," I laughed and rubbed the spot under my ear.

"Can't say I'm not persistent," he laughed and looked down at my notebook. "Come on, Mars. Food and then bed." He grabbed my hand and hauled me out of the library.