Part II--Chapter 18

Meet Amy...a little girl both Colton and you may never forget...

Must’ve been about...3 a.m., when I felt somebody move fast—super fast—out of the bed.

 Wyatt and I had gone to sleep with the kids between us, so that the slightest peep or wiggle would wake us up. And whatever Wyatt felt had made her scoop up Ty and run.

So all I saw was the back of her and Ty’s feet dangling down over her arm. So I eased my way out of bed as fast but as smoothly as I could since Taylor was still out like a light, and ran after her.

And when I got there, I couldn’t help it. I just had to bust out laughing.

She and Ty both were covered in stinky diarrhea poop--smelled like a pig sty in there, too. It was like the Slumdog outhouse scene, you know? Like they’d been rolling in it. Which they had, actually.

“Oh, you think it’s funny?” she said. But she was sort of laughing, too.

I got in there and bagged up the diaper that could never have held all that mess, while she tried to ease his little shirt up over his head without smearing a bunch of it all over his face. But he already had it on his face and everywhere else.

And she had a bunch of it on the front of her shirt and her thighs, too. She’d taken off her jeans—and bra—for bed, which was a good thing. But bless her heart, she was more concerned with getting him wiped down than getting herself clean, until I took over.

“Parenthood’s a blast innit?” I said. I had the baby in the sink. And he started to whine a little, because he was all feverish now, too. But when I started washing that stink off, he gave me grateful eyes and got quiet.

“I think this is probably ruined for good, don’t you?” she asked, holding her shirt with just a thumb and forefinger.

Oh, yeah. Just dump it in there with the diapers. We’re going to have to get you another one from Kelli or something.”

“Well, it can wait ‘til they’re up, those two.”

“I kinda like that arrangement,” I told her. Looking right down at those nice tits of hers.

You are incorrigible!” she said. But then she laughed and dumped the shirt in the diaper thing and grimaced. “God, the smell!

“Yeah, pretty gross, huh? And where the hell did all that come from? They barely ate anything.”

She laughed and said, “And he’s so tiny!

“Yeah, that, too,” I said, hoisting Ty up out of the sink. Which was a mistake, because he just as I got him into my arms, he let loose a little river of slime that ran over my arm and down my bare stomach and jeans.

I went, “DUDE,” while Wyatt got the last laugh. She tried to stop, but I think my expression made that impossible.

“Yeah, yuck it up,” I said. “I’ll come rub up against you.”

“What are you going to wear?”

I laughed then. My t-shirt was safe in the bedroom, but...I mean, how goofy would that look, walkin’ around in that and my boxer briefs?

Wyatt wiped Ty down while I got out of my jeans. And then I diapered him, and declared, “These guys are goin’ to Urgent Care right now. Don’t even try to stop me.”

“Better to err on the side of caution,” she said. “But you’ll need clothes first!”

“C’mon! Give ‘em a show, right? I got legs!”