Chapter Twenty One

Yep, I'm back. For now. Because when I finished this chapter, after a BIG battle and lots of fits and starts...and the first thing I thought was how weird it was not to be putting it up on Wattpad. I'm motivated without it, but posting to Wattpad also keeps me focused and honest. So, no more pledges. I'll post. Then I might not post for a while. But when I have something I want to post...up it goes.

I'm trying to push through to the end and not to go back and reread because once I do that, I'll get bogged down. So if there are some bits that make you ask, "Hasn't he said that before?" that's what's up. I'll clean up those things on the second run through. Right now...I just have to see it through to the end. And Wattpad helps me do that.

Who'da thunk?

21.

Okay, this chapter is all talk, but it’s good talk, so just…bear with me. I’ll start from when I was talking to Big Man on video chat in the Rover because it’s important.

He said, “It’s some crazy shit goin’ on over there, Lil Daddy.”

He was all fly in his Ray Bans, driving Che to the “heirport.” That’s what some folks call the “executive” terminal where rich folks keep their private jets. Actually, I fit the description more than a lot of people who fly out of there. It’s mostly bored suits. Corporate jets. And boy, do they love to see me and the girls coming.

They ask me a lot of inappropriate questions, but, hey. They also help us pay for our jets and helicopters and whatnot, those guys. I mean, they’re the ones who sit in those fancy hotel rooms rubbing ‘em out for hours watching our movies or role playing with a bunch of equally bored housewives masquerading as hot babes with big old watermelon tits.

Anyway, Che was finally on her way to Vegas. It had taken a long time for her and Big Man to wrap up “negotiations” with the Chihuahua lady. You know, that landlord you met the night of the fire that kept yapping at Wyatt and me.

“Crazy like what?” I asked Big Man.

“Woman got some interesting ideas now that you’re fixed it all up for her.”

“They’re done already?”

“Got the front done pretty quick. And the yard’s almost finished. Had a whole army out there, man. Soon as we got off the phone last night, they started callin’ out the troops.”

Che leaned in—she never likes to sit in the back the way passengers should—and said, “Piece o’ work, Miss Johnny. Call ‘er on her shit, okay?”

“Johnny, huh?”

“Mrs. Johnette Brooks,” Big Man said, in this formal voice. “Sounds like a sistah, right?”

We all laughed. And then Che gave a little snort and said, “Yeah, and once Miz Johnny saw all that work they’d done, she started going all Machiavelli on me.”

“She doesn’t like it?” I asked.

“She likes it too much.”

“Just…do yo’ thang, Daddy,” Big Man said. “Show her who she workin’ wit.”

I smiled the same way he was smiling. He knew how much I love it when someone underestimates me. Happens all the time. “Eighteen?!” they say. And they think they’ve got it made. Right up until I Jedi mind trick them into a deal they can’t get out of.