#74: First Time At Home With Your Newborn Baby

I'm starting a new story with imagines that people request so if you want one you can request it or if you want to read them fell free to find it and read them (its called 'One Direction Imagines :)' just in case you want to find it) thanks for the time. It's my first imagine next saturday so I'm sorry if its a disappointment :/ but first one is for Nikky :)

Thanks, Megz xxx

Louis:

Louis just can't seem to pull himself away from his baby boy. He sits in the nursery all night, even while you're asleep and oblivious to the world. His eyes gloss over a few times, full of happiness and tears that he brushes away with the back of his hand several times. He always grew up with girls, sisters that he wanted to take care of and protect, but never in his life did he imagine having a baby boy. When he got the news, he was ecstatic, and he couldn't bring himself to wishing for a girl. He got what he wanted, and it's bundled up in his arms in the late hours of the night. Louis makes sure to catch every detail of his new son; the little freckles on his cheeks, the color in his eyes that matches his dad's. The 'd' word makes Louis jump a little, his heart hammering beneath his chest. All he ever wanted was to have a son. To look after him and teach him how to play soccer. To give him advice on girls and mean kids at school. To give him the world and an even better life for him. To tell him about touring with his best friends. To have something - someone - to connect him even closer to you. To love and stay up with on nights to watch the big game or scary movies. To just make someone so little know that a bright future is ahead. "Mommy and I have been waiting for you." He murmurs, pressing his shaking fingers along his son's head as he brushes back the barely-there hairs. "I've been waiting for you for nine months. Nine months, can you believe that?" Louis talks in a hushed voice, careful not to wake you. "I'm going to teach you everything I know, I promise. And I'm going to be a good dad. A really, really, really good dad because you deserve it." He's aware of the tears in his eyes again and he chuckles again, pulling his baby boy back up closer to his chest. "Hopefully you like me. Please like me." With a firm kiss to the forehead of the boy he only met four days ago, he knows that his two most important things are you and this new light to his life, his first child ever, his first son.

Niall:

The minute you walk through the door to your home, Niall is already running around the house, trying to prepare for his new son.

"Okay, I got his crib ready. He says a few hours later when your son is cuddled up in your arms, eyes shut tightly. "Fucking IKEA, seriously, took me ages." You grimace at the choice of words and he ducks his head, chuckling nervously. "Language. Baby in the room. Right. Sorry, love." His eyes lit up at the word 'baby' and he raises his eyes, staring at him in your arms. "Can I hold him now, please?" You gingerly hand Niall your son, watching as blue eyes stare down at the bundle in his arms. He makes a small croaking sound in the back of his throat, running his finger down the side of his son's face. "Hi, baby. I'm Dad. I'm your daddy." Words are confusing to your son for his young age, but he lifts his tiny hand back at his dad and places it on the side of his cheek, mirroring the action Niall has done. He has your nose and eyes, while he has Niall's bone structure and slight freckles. Niall doesn't think he's ever seen something so precious to him, and he looks up at you with an awestruck expression over his face. "We're parents." He murmurs. "Can you believe it? Baby, we're actually parents." He breathes out, something deep settling inside of his stomach as he thinks of the possibilities, as he thinks of the future and how cool of a dad he is going to be. "I'm a dad and you're a mom and we're together. And I love you and I love him and." He pecks his son's head before reaching down to you. "I promise not to let either of you down. As a father or a husband." He stays close to you, pressing his shoulder into yours as he the two of you look down at the small, fragile baby. Niall breaks the silence, a grin forming on his face. "Think he'll be the next football star? Next David Beckham, perhaps? Ooh ooh, maybe even a Lionel Messi!" And both of you laugh sweetly and cuddle close and think more of what is to come next in your future and happily married life. Because even with ups and downs, he knows he has you and a beautiful baby boy.