𝙨𝙞𝙭

Emily's smiling face was what greeted you when the door swung open. It was a warm and comforting smile, one that widened when she notices that your hands had been taken captive by both of your wolves. There's a teasing glint in her eyes, one that make your cheeks heat in embarrassment.

"I see things have gone well." She teases lightly, stepping aside to let the three of you in. The boys let go of your hands so that you can walk through first. They follow in close behind you, not letting you out of their reach as if something could come in and take off with you. Emily closes the door behind you, but you're too busy taking in the new faces scattered around the house.

Despite not recognizing anyone besides Jake and his grumpy face, Emily's reassuring was calming enough. Though, knowing Embry and Paul were close behind you probably helped more than you would like to admit. 

While the amount of people in the house was small in number, the three unfamiliar faces had you a bit on edge. The ones you were drawn to were a couple, if the way they were hanging off of each other was any indication.

They both looked like they were your age, whispering to each other with a lovesick look in their eyes. The third was much older than you, with an air of authority that demanded attention even though he wasn't doing much of anything.

You knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that he was Sam. Leader of the pack and the one with the last say about anything involving their supernatural world. You're unable to look him in the eyes for longer than a second, feeling tiny under his scrutiny. He continues to watch you even as you look away, you can practically feel his gaze while you try to find something to distract yourself with.

As your gaze drifts back to the couple on the couch, you find that the guy and Sam have something peculiar in common. Even Jake is in a similar state.

"Uh, why are you shirtless?" You find yourself asking before you can stop yourself. Jared smirks, and his chest shakes with silent laughter. He gets a slap to his chest from the girl next to him, and he quickly schools his face back to what it was before.

"We run hotter than normal people," Embry supplies, as if it was a normal, everyday thing. You nod absently, gaze drifting over to Emily as she makes her way over to Sam. She slides up next to him, cuddled up into his side. His hard demeanour crumbles in an instant, turning his now warm gaze down to her. It warms your heart watching them, but it doesn't last long.

"I still can't believe you were telling the truth, I thought you were joking!" The guy on the couch exclaims, jumping up from his spot and dragging the still smiling girl with him.

"Can't you hear their thoughts, though?" She asks, taking long steps in order to stay pressed up to his side as they walk up to you. You wonder how they can move so tangled up in each other, unable to tell where one starts and the other ends.

"Well, yeah... but still!" Jared looks like the living embodiment of an excited puppy at that moment, though the teasing grin he's giving you is not as innocent as a puppy, that's for sure, "Soooo, heard a lot about you, it's nice to actually meet you."

"It's nice to meet you, too. Though, its a shame really, cuz I haven't heard a single thing about you." You tease, a wide smile stretching across your face at the playful pout that crosses his own. The girl practically hanging off of him laughed lightly, eyes bright as she turned her attention to you.

"I'm Kim, it's nice to meet you!" She didn't move from her spot next to Jared, instead opting to give you an enthusiastic wave before wrapping her arm back around him.

"Nice to meet you too," You say, but your eyes dart to Jake when he lets out a scoff.

"Are we starting this meeting or not, we have better things to do," Jake muttered under his breath, but it was loud enough for you to hear. Though, you figure that was probably intentional by the way he was glaring at you. Behind you, you can practically feel Paul's anger vibrating beneath his skin, a low growl slipping past his lips as he glared over at Jake.