V

"Wake up Y/N, you're going to be later for school!" Y/N's mother yelled from down the stairs, startling Y/N out of her daze as she lay in bed half asleep. Letting out a groan, she slowly rolled over to her side where her bedside table was, blindly reaching out for her phone. Her stomach growled, the savoury scent of food wafting up the stairs and into her room that made her mouth water. There were two missed messages from the group chat that she quickly responded to, one from Paul and Embry, both wishing her a good morning, and a notification of her alarm that went off nearly 30 minutes ago.

With no time to properly get ready, Y/N quickly got out of bed and scrambled around her room, throwing on the first pieces of clothing she could find before running out of the bedroom, nearly tripping as she pulled her jeans up. As Y/N ran down the stairs she was almost barreled over by the twins coming down behind her, laughing and shoving each other to try and get to the dining table first. There was a loud bang as one of them ran into the corner of the table, the sound of a cup falling over and off the edge, and what was hopefully water splashing across the tiled floor.

Sitting on the table was eggs, toast, and a quickly depleting stack of breakfast sausages that the twins were already digging into even though they had only just gotten to the table. Y/N quickly makes herself a plate before the food is gone, and eats it as fast as she can without choking so she can make it out of the house in time. Her mom passed by with a disgusted look on her face when she saw the state of her three children, depositing her empty coffee mug in the sink as she went by.

"Don't look at me like that," Y/N muttered, then took a large gulp of her water before going back to her now lukewarm eggs. Her mother ignored her in favour of grabbing her lunch from the fridge before going out the front door, shouting 'goodbye' over her shoulder. She got mumbles in response and laughed to herself as she left for work, closing the door softly behind her.

Y/N could hear her fathers' alarm going off upstairs and panicked, nearly choking on her toast, since she was never home when that went off. A quick peek at the time on the oven showed 7 minutes before her bus arrived, and with the bus stop being a 5-minute walk, Y/N abandoned the rest of her breakfast to get ready to leave. Thankfully she listened to her mother for once, and left her backpack by the front door, so all she had to do was get her lunch from the fridge and stuff it haphazardly into her bag.

"Bye boys, remember to put your dishes in the sink or mom will get mad!"

"Okay!" The boys chorused, mouths full of food that no doubt sprayed everywhere. Y/N ran out the door, nearly slamming it behind her in her rush to leave. There was no one else on the streets, and Y/N pushed herself to run harder to make it to the bus in time.

As she turned the corner to the bus stop she could see it pulling up at the stop, the few students waiting around started loading in. Thankfully there the bus driver decided to spare Y/N and wait for her to make it, though she did give her a dirty look as Y/N came panting onto the bus.

The bus was nearly packed full, but it seemed like there were quite a few people away, since there were three seats in the back that were completely empty. Y/N sped to the back, plopping down on the empty seat at the very back, dropping her bag down next to her. Thankful that she made it in time, Y/N rested her head against the window, looking out towards the passing houses, large shadows cast over everything from the overcast sky. As the bus drove down the street, Y/N could have sworn that she saw red eyes looking out at her from the shadows.