III

Y/N was nervous, leg bouncing as she sat on her front steps, checking her phone every couple of seconds. When she woke up that morning she was greeted with several excited texts from Embry, who was more than happy to meet up. After figuring out a time that worked best for them, it was Paul who came up with the idea of going to a cafe just outside of Forks that was always nearly empty on Sundays.

From the sounds of it, it was going to be the perfect place for them to have this discussion. A public setting so that Y/N wouldn't feel pressured, but still isolated enough that they could all talk comfortably. The treats and drinks were an added plus.

Paul and Embry were driving up to Forks to pick up Y/N, since she didn't have a car yet and they refused to let her take the bus, saying that it would be too dangerous with that vampire still out and about. Y/N could hear her younger siblings laughing loudly behind her, and the desperate calls of her father as he tried to calm them down. She turned her head towards the door to hear them better, wincing when she heard her father shout out in pain, probably having stepped on a stray toy again.

The commotion in the house distracted her enough that she didn't even notice the truck pulling into the driveway, not at first.

When everyone inside calms down, that's when Y/N turns back to face the driveway, only to be surprised by the truck that seemed to magically appear in her driveway, the two shifters watching her silently from the front seats. Taking a deep, calming breath, Y/N pushes herself up off the step and slowly makes her way over to the car.

It feels as if she's going to battle, heart pounding and palms sweating as she pulls open the door to the back of the truck. The concerned look they both shoot at her made her conscious of just how loud her heart probably was to the two of them. Y/N tried to calm herself down, knowing that there was no way anything could go wrong, not with how bad they wanted her to accept being their imprint.

"You ready to go?" Embry asks, worry lacing his voice. Y/N nods, to busy trying to remember all that she read the night before. The drive out of Forks is nearly silent, the sound of the radio filling the air of the with quiet music. It helped relieve some of the awkward air, though not by much.

It took what felt like hours to get to the coffee shop, the three of them quickly hopping out and heading in to give themselves something to do. Ordering their drinks and pastries was a quiet ordeal, the only other people in the little shop being three elderly women chatting away at a table by the door.

They sit at a small, round table in the back corner, away from everyone to give themselves some sense of privacy. Y/N holds her drink, staring down at the liquid as she takes a calming breath.

"Okay, so I still don't know how this imprint thing works, but I do know that I want to give whatever this is a chance," Both boys look excited at that, sitting up in their seats and putting their full attention on her. Y/N laughed softly, and continued on, "We are going to have to spend some time together, get me used to this whole imprint and wolf shifter thing, but I think this could work, the three of us."

The boys nodded along, happy to hear that they were being given a chance. Y/N was glad they were taking it so well, but didn't know if she wanted to push her luck any further today. Deciding against it, Y/N hopped into the conversation they were having, listening to them complain about their shitty teachers and even shittier classmates, laughing at their antics. The cafe was slowly filling with people, adding to the happy atmosphere, but Y/N couldn't help but feel a sense of dread wash over her.