Chapter Sixteen - Snitching Could've Also Killed the Cat

"Harry, Louis, what do we owe the pleasure of your visit?" A voice in the dark room spoke out, somewhere to the left of the curly haired boy and his blue eyed companion. Harry went unblinking, his face void of emotions and back perfectly straight. Louis stood a step behind and slightly to the right of Harry, his face less impassive as Harry's, his eyes darting everywhere were the only indicator of his nerves and unease.

"Can't a fellow just stop by for a cuppa every now and again without his motives questioned?" His eyebrow raised in question, a sly smirk forming. Louis mentally shook his head at Harry. He always became cheeky when he had some very good information to share.

"Harry." The loudest, deepest voice boomed from dead-ahead center. "Enough of your games. If there was no reason for us granting you an audience, you may see yourselves out now and resume your duties."

Harry chuckled lowly and looked up into where he thought the man speaking would be. "Dear council-man, I would never leave my city unguarded if this wasn't at the utmost of importance. I know the rules and laws. Rule number three I think it was. Report immediately to the council should you be approached by or have witnessed a living Monarchia." Harry's face was carefully blank and Louis' switched between reading everybody's minds.

There was first pure confusion, bewilderment. Then almost simultaneously, their minds clicked the pieces together at the same time. Then chaos. Each mind reacted differently, yet in a loud manner. Some were swearing in their minds, some were trying to think of excuses, other's were in disbelief.

The middle shadow spoke, his tone angry and distrustful.

"Harry, we do not think kindly of lying mouths."

"But sir, why would I ever have a reason to lie to you all. There is just no point in it." Harry's voice was smooth, even and calculated.

"Harry you know the last Morachia was terminated. This is absurd. Do you think it's funny to mock us?" The voice boomed, echoing off the stone walls around them.

His voice was sure, but his mind gave him away. He was trembling on the inside. Scared to death that Harry was probably right. Louis knew this. It was obvious he knew this. And taking one good look at Harry, he knew that the curly haired boy knew this as well.

"Surely, you and I both know I am not mocking any of you. Would you care to look?" Harry asked, taking a step forward, leaving Louis to stand on his own. Louis was strong willed, and held his ground usually. Just not in front of seven of their world's deadliest, most deceitful minds. So he slouched slightly into himself at the loss of a comfortable presence within his arms reach. His mind kept reading those around them. There were seven council, as well as four presences behind them, also in the shadows.

"You may approach." A new voice said, off to their left, as she stepped forward as well to meet Harry halfway. She was nearly a head shorter than Harry, and was slim with long burgandy hair, tied into a tight knot at the top of her head. She held herself well and sure as she walked.

"Pleasure to see you again Mrs. Cole." Harry's smooth voice echoed out, as he reached out his hand. The women was excited about the prospect of being able to get into Harry's mind. To be able to see everything and anything. But he already blocked and barricaded all knowledge besides what he was there to show.

Just a little perk Harry had picked up after a few years of being around a mind reader.

As they went to clasp hands, her's turned sheer and her entire arm melded into Harry's, until his hand was on her shoulder, and her arm was inside of his own. This probably would be one of the most disturbing things Louis had seen, if it hadn't been done to himself years ago when he was selected.