Chapter Fourteen - Present and Past Confrontations

Niall could practically feel his entire being shot with a dart of disbelief, followed quickly after by a tiny prick of understanding. His eyes looked straight into Harry's.

"I don't get...What?" The words were stuck in Niall's throat. He couldn't seem to push them out. Every thought running through him was just questions and jumbled understanding. "Immortal?" He finally squeaked out.

"Yes immortal. He's been around since..." Louis paused to ask Harry how exactly old Zayn was.

Harry shrugged, "He was one of the first to become discovered, let's put it that way." His voice was so even as if this entire thing wasn't too important nor vital information.

Niall gaped, at a complete loss for words. This whole thing was such a mess. He would rather revert back to when all he knew was himself as the only one in the world with powers. He had lived eighteen years like that, why couldn't it of just continued that way? Why did Harry and Louis have to show up? 

"Wait, so that's like, over two-thousand years old, and he still looks like a fucking teenager? How is that even possible or fair?" Niall finally caught his words from the air and blurted whatever he had caught.

"Basically he didn't start off immortal, but for reasons he suddenly was pulled into a state of eternal living." Harry stood then and walked to a desk pushed into the corner and grabbed some sort of device off of it. Niall had only just noticed the blinking light at the top.

"What is that?" Niall questioned, eyes flickering between Louis and Harry.

The curly haired boy sat back down. "Louis' pager like device. Unlike me, he doesn't know when shit goes down so this thing alerts him." He paused to scroll through something one it, green eyes flicking back and forth, reading words at an impossible pace. "Looks like Zayn is wracking havoc again Lou. Should you or I deal with it?" Harry's voice was so emotionless that it took Niall back a bit, how he switched in between emotions like a light switch.

"I'll deal with him, you can continue with your explanation with Niall." Louis said, shrugging on a jacket onto his thin shoulders. 

Harry just nodded and watched as the feathered haired boy disappeared through the door and out into the darkening sunlight.

"Will he be okay?" Niall questioned, eyes still trained sharply on the door.

"Yeah we've dealt with Zayn many times before. He's just acting up more than usual lately." Harry explained.

"Speaking of which, why do you feel the need to warn me about him? What has he got against me? Is it because of Liam?" Niall asked, voice filled with innocent, childlike concern.

Harry's eyes softened at the teen, who really was still a scared child on the inside. It almost made the curly haired boy want to smother the boy in comforting hugs and never let him go.

"I can't tell you as much as I desperately want to Niall. I really wish I could. But there are just things the law has put on me so I can't. All I can tell you is that Zayn is after you. And he will stop at no lengths until he has you in his hold." 

Niall opened his mouth to speak, but suddenly Harry's eyes turned cold. He stood up and was throwing on a jumper in less than a second notice.

"Louis needs help." Was all that was needed to be passed between the two before Niall jumped up as well and was following Harry out the door. Harry seemed to be too distracted to lock the door, so Niall simply, with a push of his powers, twisted the inner lock into the closed position and trailed off after Harry, who was rushing quickly away.

"I'm going to need you to hide when we get there, I don't want anymore problems than necessary when we arrive." Harry's voice was stern and authoritative, practically commanding