Chapter Seven - I Can't Change

Follow me on Twitter (@NiamLuvWut) for story progress and updates! I can answer any questions you have easier on there! So please, follow! Tweet me if you think I could add or take away anything in the story! I'll take all suggestions to mind!

-----

Niall spent the entire trip staring at the back of the boy's head as he was dragged along. His eyes refused to stray from the curly haired boy's head.

When he finally clued into where they were going, it was an elevator ride and thirty-one floors later.

The boy unlocked a door and pulled Niall into his flat. Niall stood in the doorway as the boy made his way to the tiny kitchen. Every instinct in Niall's body was telling him to run away. To just get away. This boy was being unnaturally friendly, and it could only lead to bad things.

The boy realized Niall wasn't following and came back out over to Niall and stood in front of the frightened lad. Niall was hysterically shaking now, without even realizing it.

The curly haired, copper eyed boy spoke for the first time.

"Please relax, I won't hurt you. My name is Liam." His velvety smooth, yet rough voice entered Niall's ears, and his eyes widened. His shaking lessened. Liam's voice had such a calming effect. "There we go, that's better." He smiled a comforting toothy smile. 

Niall just stared at Liam. Not answering back, not saying a word and definitely not moving a muscle. He just continued to stare straight into Liam's eyes.  Liam sighed and held out his right hand, palm up, in front of him. 

"Can I at least see your hands?" He asked in a voice that clearly stated he frustrated with the silent boy.

Niall hesitated, before raising both of his hands and turning them palm up. He let in a small intake of air when he noticed how badly they were bleeding and scratched up. He hadn't felt a thing until now. Now they were stinging really bad and tears sprung to the corners of his eyes, but they never fell, Niall had enough control to let that never happen. Liam just gave a sad smile to the poor boy and gently grabbed him by the wrists and led him to the living room, where he sat the boy down on a soft, brown leather couch and then disappeared down a hallway.

Niall sat there, staring at his bleeding hands. Nothing was processing properly in his head. Why did he let this stranger, Liam, take him here? Why didn't he just run like usual? It would not of been that hard. He's used to it after all. That's what he does. It's better to push anybody away who got too close, or who wanted to know more about him. They would all just use it against him in the end anyways.

Before Niall could even think of jumping out the window and escaping, Liam returned with a roll of bandage, and a bottle of anti-bacterial. He hesitantly kneeled in front of Niall, onto the hard, wooden floor of the flat, and held out a hand, silently asking Niall to place his damaged hands in his own.

Niall stared at Liam for a long time, before finally placing his left hand into Liam's right. Liam set to work, warning Niall that the anti-bacterial will sting a bit, before pouring some on a cloth and carefully wiping away any dirt and blood on the blonde haired boy's hand, before wrapping it up snugly and doing the same with Niall's right hand. 

Once he was finished, he straightened up with a smile and left to put the bandages away. 

Niall took the opportunity to look around the room. It was really clean and simple. Beige walls, book case in the corner, a rounded archway to get to the white kitchen. A T.V across from him and a small glass coffee table in front of him. Also the hallway that the curly haired boy had disappeared down, Niall assumed it led to a bedroom and a bathroom, and that's about it.