Chapter Three - Escape

Ba dum, Ba dum, Ba dum.

The sound of loose gravel being shot behind me as I pedaled away was lost to the harsh sound of my erratic heart beat. I biked harder then ever before, I had to get home before anybody found me.
I heard a nothing besides my heart beat and the occasional scratch of my bike tires as I slowed down to check behind me, almost certain I would see the same cop car by the destroyed school turn the corner and speed to catch me. But there was nobody there, just a road, barren of any moving vehicles. 

I looked forward again and saw some joggers in awfully bright colors ahead. I slowed my pace rapidly as to not bring anymore attention to myself. I passed them fairly quickly and let go of the handle bars for just a second to try and rub some dirt off my face and let out a huge sigh, I almost lost my balance in the process. I gripped onto the handle bars tighter and picked up my pace once out of their line of sight. Not that that could do much now, I was already being hunted by cops from all angles, probably the FBI, or whatever they're called, as well.

Up ahead I saw my house, in which I used to call Salvation, now titled prison in my mind.

Without a proper stop I dropped the bike from beneath me and quick walked to the front door.

Without even bothering to pull out my key, I used the one thing I swore i'd never use. I used my mind, I used it to twist the inner lock and unlock it without a second thought. Pushing the worn down door open with a loud creak, I slammed the door shut behind me and relocked the door, breaking the inners so it couldn't be unlocked ever again, as I walked into the living area.

I froze in passing as the sound of the T.V. filtered into my ears. I turned my head, then my whole body to the television in front of me, and stared at it wide eyed for an undetermined amount of time.

I had to go now.

I turned back to the way I came, picking up the first bag I saw and ran to my small room, the sounds of the news reporter talking about 'A Supernatural Occurrence at a Local School' falling behind me.

The scene kept flashing into my mind, I shook it away with a a quick reminder that I could mull about those thoughts when I wasn't in the range of fire.

I don't recall what I grabbed, as I had later dropped my bag. I do remember I had thrown my stuffed animals from my childhood off the bed without a thought, and they didn't make the dull thump as they landed on the floor as I had expected. 

I was out of control. I no longer cared about begin careful. Much good that did for me anyways. 

My worn out bag was halfway stuffed with articles of clothing and random bits when the sound of banging on my front door reached my ears. It was time to go, prepared or not. 

I rushed out of the room and weaved through the house, and snuck quietly by the front door that they were smashing their body weight against in order to knock it down and capture the freak inside the house.

One of them looked inside the window, which had been covered with a not-so-white anymore lace curtain. His outline clearly screamed he had a gun and was ready to shoot.

Upon entering the kitchen, I made a mad dash for the backdoor, with a small glance at the table still ridden with half eaten breakfast and bad smelling milk from awhile ago. I grabbed at the handle and twisted it as hard as possible to no avail. With no time to think, I spotted the keys on the kitchen counter. Just as I reached my arm out to call the keys to me, the sound of the front door giving into the weight of the officers reached my ears, in a state of panic the keys flew to my awaiting hand and in a second the key was jammed into the lock and the door was flung wide open. I was sprinting into the forest without so much as a thought.

The call of, "Niall Horan, if you are in this house, come out with your hands up." behind me didn't even make me flinch. Besides, what good would me coming out with my hands in perfect range to use what I have against them, do for them? Had they not seen the destruction I caused? Had they not learned yet?

I continued running.

I ran until the sky turned dark and I was completely lost in a forest. They had been giving chase for hours now, relentless. 

I nearly halted in my tracks when a light flashed over my figure, and shouts surrounded me from all sides. I kept going. I would not give up. 

It was run and have a .1 chance of survival, or give up and be killed on the spot. I was taking my chances. I was done being careful and choosing the easy path. So I ran, I ran as fast as my legs would carry me, backpack smashing against my back and knocking around whatever I had stuffed into it.

A branch snapped close behind me and without thinking I twisted my head to look. When I was about to turn to look forwards again, I was shoved to the ground in a harsh manner and I was forced to stare straight down the barrel of a gun.

Everything happened quickly and in a blur then. My heart sped past what could be deemed as healthy, my instincts took over. People were yelling at me from all angles, guns pointed to every inch of my body, lights shone into my eyes, I was blinded, and everything was loud. I curled myself into the fetal position. My hands rose to hold the back of my head. The sounds of guns being loaded finally snapped me.

The pressure built up inside me, I had only felt this once before, and that was earlier today. The pressure kept building and building at a rapid pace, squeezing my chest tighter and tighter. Several guns were now pressing against different points on my body, all lethal spots that would kill me, not instantaneously, but quickly, so I would only feel a bit of pain.

The pressure building up suddenly released outwards, out of me in an explosion of leaves, branches and telekinetic energy. The moment the pressure left my chest and I was able to move, I shot my head up and looked around. It had knocked all the officers out with that blow. 

Wasting no time, I scrambled desperately to my feet, and bolted out of there as fast as my short legs would carry me.