Chapter Eighteen - An Unwanted Visit

They stayed in eachother's presence for awhile longer, the night slowly turned to a red sunrise, throwing its hue across the quiet city. The two sat in silence as they watched the city slowly wake from their sleep and continue on with their mundane lives of working nine to five, thinking that was all there was to life, waste time making money, only to pay bills and feed themselves so they could live to do the same thing they did the day before, and the day before that, and the day before that. It was a mindless circle they were trained to use once imagination and mythical creations were thrown out of the mix.

People were taught to fear that of which didn't belong, to kill, hunt, experiment on those of which had extraordinary capabilities.

The two didn't speak, but their silence screamed words louder than any voice or ear could comprehend. 

And when the red dawn passed, Liam knew it was time to face the truth. It was time to confront everybody, tell his whole truth and not just bits and pieces that he's been telling Niall. No, Liam was ready to tell the entire truth. His past, his present, and he was ready to face the future.

Niall glanced over to the boy to his right, his copper eyes distant and sorrowful. Niall knew, he knew for a fact that Liam might just possibly be his future. Liam was mixed in with this past. It had taken the entire night for that very fact to just process through his mind. He was still shaken, and scared that Liam will figure it out, or find out in some way. He wanted Liam in his life, he needed him in fact, but it wasn't something somebody could just forgive and forget about. Liam was almost definitely part of his future and he was ready to fight for it tooth and nail. He had a new determination. He would not run anymore. He would fight. He would fight for every last waking breath just to see Liam live one day more.

Niall may not know the truth about Liam now, and Liam may not know his truth, but together they would fight for their future.

Niall stood first, not a word exchanged, or a glance missed, and held his calloused hand out for Liam, who took it without hesitation and hauled himself up. They walked hand in hand to the door of the roof, down the stairs and stood in front of the door to the flat.

There was some sort of screaming inside, it sounded like Zayn was arguing with probably Danielle by the sounds of the voice shouting back. Liam briefly wondered if they had been fighting the entire night.

Liam cautiously placed his unoccupied hand on the door handle and turned it with an echoing click. He had yet to even open the door and there was sudden complete silence on the other side.

He poked his head in and scanned the room. Everything seemed to be in order, nothing broken or misplaced. But Zayn was nose to nose with tan skin and curly hair. They were quiet now that Liam had entered the room, but they're eyes never strayed from their opponent.

Eleanor flung herself from where she was sitting on the sofa, rubbing her temples gently. 

"Thank fucking god you two returned. I don't think I could've gone another ten minutes with their constant arguing. They lost the meaning of the argument four hours ago and now they are just yelling about anything that could come to mind." Eleanor sighed on, flopping her body onto Louis' lap, earning herself a glare from both Harry and Louis himself. 

"They're just arguing for the sake of winning then?" Liam asked, walking towards Zayn. "Worried that their pride will be lost if they lose." Liam was close enough now to Zayn, that he reached out his hand, and gave a swift slap to the back of Zayn's head. Zayn lurched forward with a long groan of pain.

"Liam! What the hell was that for?" He muttered out, a gentle glare thrown in said boy's direction.

"You're being an idiot, all of us are in danger and you're sitting here arguing with some chick." Liam shook his head, brown curls falling over his eyes, which he immediately flicked back.