Chapter Five - Copper eyes, blue skys, high dives

I'm sorry if it's sudden, but i'm going to switch to Third Person POV.

----

Telekinesis; The production of motion in objects without contact or other physical means.

----

Niall awoke to the sound of... Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Silence. The bright sun was rising in the blue sky and birds were quietly chirping their little tune.

He sat up with a puzzled expression across his face, and he swept off the tiny pebbles that had embedded themselves into his skin as he slept, and he scanned the unchanged rooftop. The lock on the door still indented on itself.

He was almost certain he was going to wake up to the sounds of banging on the door, from buff police men smashing their bodies against the cold steel in order to get to the boy on the other side. Because surely that teen from last night had called the cops. Who wouldn't of?

The blonde boy crawled on his hands and knees to the edge of the roof top that he had jumped over the night before. Niall looked over the ledge and looked the many storeies down and saw the railing he had bent into oblivion. He sat back on his hunches and sighed.

So that all really did happen, so why is he not getting chased to the Arctic by now?

A soft knocking on the rusted metal door jolted Niall out of his thoughts and straight to his feet. The soft knocking stopped for a few seconds, before starting up again. Niall was torn between what to do. He didn't know if he should let the person through, and risk it being a police officer, or leave it and just flee.

The way the person was knocking was the only sign that it wasn't a visitor of the violent variety. Niall was placed in a dilemma.

The obvious answer was to flee, that would be the best thing to do.

So why weren't his feet listening to his mind? Why was he still stuck in the same position.

The knocking continued, followed by a sigh that Niall's sensitive ears picked up easily.

Niall thought about it for a few seconds, was it because his heart told him that it wouldn't be dangerous? That he was still in a safe enviroment, and should he need to flee, he had something the other doesn't.

His mind.

Niall looked once more towards the door, before making up his mind completely.

He jumped onto of the higher part of the roof, the part right above the door, which had grown suspiciously quiet over the past couple seconds.

The blonde haired boy secretly hoped that the visitor had just given up and gone away.

Niall froze when a thought entered his head. Who could possibly know somebody was actually up here. The only person who could possibly know was that teen last night, but surely he wouldn't come looking for Niall.

The curiosity finally won Niall over.

With a big intake of breath and holding it in his lungs, Niall crouched down low to the ground and slowly broke the lock completely, letting the heavy door swing open so it was slightly ajar.

A couple seconds passed by that felt like hours to Niall, still with a breath held.

Finally a light brown head of curly hair appeared in the doorway. It was a teen boy, who was definitely taller than Niall himself.

He took a few steps onto the rooftop, looking around. Niall hadn't seen his face yet, but if he were to guess, he would say this was the same boy as last night.

The same boy who had evidence of Niall's powers and could evidently get Niall finally shot down.

Questions once again flooded Niall's mind. Why on earth had he come up here. Was he actually looking for Niall, or does he do it regularly? Should Niall get out of this situation before he's spotted?

Niall refused to move, refused to breath. This was a bad idea, a terrible idea in fact. He scolded himself internally, what was he even thinking when he unlocked the door. Right, curiosity.

They always did say curiosity killed the cat, didn't they?

Niall accidently let out his breath too loudly when he realized he had been holding it for much longer than was healthy. Which in turn made the curly haired boy turned around, and sea blue was instantly met by copper brown.

The boy's eyes softened immediately when they caught Niall's, and he took a step closer to Niall cautiously. The blonde haired boy scrambled backwards, looking for somewhere to hide like a scared animal.

The boy with amazing copper eyes stopped right away and held his hands up in a show of non aggression. Niall froze and stared at him intensely, like the curly haired lad was about to latch himself onto Niall and start beating him up at any given moment. Niall was almost too afraid to blink.

The other boy kept his hands up as he drew in closer to the upper part Niall was on. And, before Niall could even register what happened, the copper eyed boy had managed to pull himself up onto the higher part, which happened to be a good foot above his head, considering he was a fairly tall lad at that, it was an amazing thing.

Niall then clued into the fact that the boy was now way to close for comfort and mentally hit himself for being impressed at that measly feat. He reacted harshly and flung his body to the ground as a defensive maneuver and held his hands over his neck and dug his forehead onto the hard, rocky rooftop.

The boy stopped walking and looked confused, before crouching down and reaching over to place a hand on Niall's own cautiously and slowly. Before he could though, Niall's survival instincts kicked in full force and blasted the poor boy away with a rush of supernatural power.

Niall was up in a flash, and with one more glance at those copper eyes, now filled with worry and something else, Niall had flung himself off the edge of the building and was now falling feet first, storey after storey. Niall had just thrown himself off a fourty storey building and was now diving head first into oblivion, as far as the copper eyed boy was concerned.

The curly haired boy ran to the edge, a scream caught in his throat. Did he just witness somebody committing suicide? He was about to yell for help, but the yell stopped halfway out.

That blonde haired boy, without a trace, was gone.