chapter 17: almost kissed

The 3rd day came and all the students were on the same bus as the last time y/n had to sit in the 1st year bus, but this time she took a seat beside Ai since she didn't want to bother Shousuke.

"Ai-chan, what are you looking at?" Y/n asked as she too then looked at his phone. Ai was looking at the group picture they took at the beach.

She then noticed Shousuke was looking at her in the picture with an unreadable expression.

"Nothing" Ai said and changed the subject, Y/n didn't push it further either. Nothing really happened during the ride home, besides the fact that her motion sickness was acting up again.

Y/n got home and went straight to bed even the next day she was lazing around. Now finally she had to go to school again..

All the classes felt so long and boring. Nothing too new, and finally the bell rigged meaning it was lunch time. Usually she ate lunch with her

friends while talking, but today she isn't feeling like talking but instead she went to the rooftop to eat her lunch so she can be alone.

But little did she know someone also thought the same and went there. The 1st year boy heard the door of the rooftop open and he

mentally begged God "Don't let it be Hitomi.." The boy was so scared that it's gonna be Hitomi and then he would get dragged.

But thankfully it was not.

When he saw that it was y/n and not his annoying classmate he sighed in relief. "Ah Shousuke-kun?" Y/n looked at him then thought for a second while the boy quietly watched her.

"You wouldn't mind if I ate with you right? I promise I won't be noisy!" She asked but he didn't answer. Instead he started eating his lunch.

"I will take that for a yes" she said, then proceeded to sit down beside him.

Both of them were eating their lunch in silence, it was comfortable while also Shousuke taking a glance at the girl beside him every once in a while.

'Why is she so quiet?' He wondered, actually anybody would wonder the same since the teen girl is usually cheerful and bubbly.

Y/n was done eating and caught Shousuke looking at her. "Is something wrong?" She asked and he immediately looked away.

She took that as a no and told him she was gonna go down since she's done eating.

She stood up and was about to go but a hand on her wrist stopped her from doing so. She looked back at the owner of the hand with wide eyes.

"Um Shousuke-kun?" He snapped back into reality then looked at her face. 'Why did I do that..?' He thought.

He was about to open his mouth to say something but someone interrupted him.

"SHOUSUKE ARE YOU HERE?"

The voice of none other than Tadano Hitomi echoed throughout the whole rooftop. Shousuke hurriedly stood up and took y/n with him to hide.

He CAN'T let Hitomi find him, absolutely not. He found a small place where Hitomi probably would miss so

he put y/n then he got in. While Shousuke was busy watching out for Hitomi's coming, y/n was blushing red while her heart beat faster.

He was so close to her, and now that she took a closer look at him, he was indeed very pretty which only made her heart beat faster and louder.

When Hitomi finally left he looked behind, his eyes widened and so did y/n since both of their faces were 1 inch away.

He and y/n both backed away, y/n blushing hard while Shousuke was slightly blushing and was panicking inside.

But one thing that went noticed by him was that the older girl was holding her mouth as she looked anywhere but him.

And that's when it hit him.. they almost kissed! "I-i gotta g-go" y/n shuttered and stumbled onto her feet as she stood up then ran off.

✎ ∙︓⋅⠄✯∘⠄✧

Edited