Part 4 - Hidden Dream

"It's ready. Come let's have dinner", he said.

She nodded and they both sat to have dinner together.

"This is so delicious.", Sana said after eating the first bite.

"Thanks", he said with a smile.

"So what do you do apart from helping homeless people like me?", She asked

"I own a bookstore.", He said.

"Wow! I like reading books. Do you as well?", She asked.

"Hmmm.. I took over my family business from my father. Nowadays people generally like reading online so it's not like how it used to be earlier.", He said.

"So you don't like reading books and you just took this up as a business. What did you wanted to become?", She asked.

He chuckles.

I am surprised because she understood that I didn't like reading books even though I didn't tell her anything clearly.

"When I was studying in college, I liked listening to radio.", He said.

"So you wanted to become an RJ?", She asked surprising him yet again because she decoded his every sentence properly.

"Hmmm..", he nodded.

"Then why didn't you choose it as your career?", She asked.

"My father wanted me to join his business back then. I never said no to my parents in my whole life. Infact, before today I never raised my voice at my son as well. When he completed his 12th, he said he wanted to study abroad and I agreed. I took up loan for his studies and sent him abroad for studies.", He said.

"So you always prioritised others over yourself in life. What about your dreams and passion?", She asked.

"What's the use of discussing it, Sana? Let's call it a day.", He said finishing his last bite. He picked up his plate and went to the kitchen.

Sana kept pondering about him. They were having strikingly different personalities. While she always followed her heart and passion, he always suppressed it for others. While she questioned and rebelled against her parents decision, he was an obedient child. The only thing they had in common was being alone and abandoned by their families.

"Sana, if you want anything then do let me know, I am in the other room there. Sleep well. Good night!", He said.

"Good Night", she nodded.

She went into the kitchen and washed her soiled plate. She then marched towards her room. While she passed by his room, she heard a subtle radio sound coming from his room. She realised that he still likes to listen to radio. But his dreams were smashed under the weight of responsibility and commitments.
.
.
.
.
Sana woke up and sat on the bed, yawning and stretching her hands. She looked around the room. It was Shreyas' room and had all his photos, trophies and a guitar. There was no dust on it which meant Sidharth cleaned and maintained Shreyas' room as it was, even in his absence. Probably, he somewhere expected him to return home one day.

She freshened up in the attached bathroom and went out.

"Sidharth... Sidharth... Sidharth...", She called him going around the hall. She noticed a hot box and a little note on the dinning table.

Good morning Sana,

You were sleeping so I didn't find it good to wake you up. There is a breakfast in the hot box for you. I've also kept lunch in the kitchen so just heat it in microwave before you eat. I am going to the bookstore.