Part 8 - Her Scented Hanky!!

Sidharth parked his car and sat in silence without unfastening his seat belt. He was nervous which could be seen by his reaction as his hands were fidgeting on the steering and he bit his lips. He could feel the butterflies flying in his gut.

He wasn't this nervous even during his exams while he was an student since he was prepared for it beforehand but here everything was happening instantly.

Sana who was sitting beside him kept observing his reactions. After a while he looked at Sana and passed a nervous smile.

"You can do it Sidharth! Only you can do it!", She said by pressing his arm.

He nodded exhaling the breath of tensions.

"Do you need a quick hug?", She asked and he blushed as he unfastened his seat belt.

She smiled and hugged him instantly. Though the hug was supposed to be a quick one, it took a little longer.

"If you feel lost anytime just think as if you are talking to me and sharing your thoughts with me.", She said still hugging him.

"Hmmm..", he nodded his head near her ear.

As soon as they came out of the hug, he looked at himself by pulling the rear mirror.

"You are looking great and very handsome as usual. You would get full marks there but sadly it is a radio station. In the other hand, the good news is your voice is equally sexy.", She giggled to brighten his mood and made him smile.

"Thanks for the compliment.", He said with a smile as he was getting used to hear such compliments from her every now and then.

They got down from the car and go inside the old plain looking building. He speaks to the receptionist and she asks him to wait for a while.

They sit on the chair installed near the reception desk. He tapped his feet nervously and Sana rolled her eyes looking at him. She placed her hand on his leg. He stops tapping and looks at her.

"Just be calm. You are not going inside the Bakkasur's cave that you fear of cannibalism. You wanted to do this your entire life. Come on just use the opportunity which you've got.", she said.

"Hmmm.. you.. (clears throat) You wanted to meet the chef today right?", He asked.

"Yes, I have to but I want to be with you here for now. Have you seen yourself? You are sweating profusely.", She said.

He tried searching his pockets but couldn't find his handkerchief.

"First time in my life, I forgot to carry a handkerchief.", He said nervously.

"Wow!! Now that's what I call an improvement. You are becoming like forgetful Sana and I am becoming like serious Sidharth since I carried mine today. Here, take it.", She giggled while offering him her handkerchief.

He looked at her hesitantly.

"Don't worry, I haven't used it. As I said I always forget to carry it so I hardly have a habit of using it.", She said.

"Nothing like that.", He took it from her hand and wiped off the sweat beads from his forehead.

A man approached them and introduced himself as Rakesh, an in-charge of radio station. He asked Sidharth to follow him.

"All the best! I will wait for you.", She said pressing his hand.

He nodded as he got up.

"Be calm and remember me", she whispered to him before he went behind the person.

Rakesh took him inside and explained him how to operate the systems for sometime and then asked him to go on air. Sidharth nervously nodded while pulling the handkerchief from his pocket and wiping his face. Rakesh looked at the ladies handkerchief in surprise. Sidharth observed his expression and realised that he had slipped Sana's hanky into his pocket in a hurry.