Part 9 - The Silence!

Check if you've read the previous update.
___________________________

He went to his room to avoid her probing questions yet there were lot of questions probed by his mind to himself. None of which he wanted to answer even to himself.

On the other hand, Sana stood there for quite some time looking in the direction he went. Expecting him to return but he didn't. She went into her room.

He looked at the watch it, it was their dinner time but he didn't have a face to face her. What if she asked him the questions again he thought. He slowly went out to the kitchen and made dinner for both. He placed dinner for her on the table and ate his dinner in silence. Post which he went back into his room.
.
.
.
He turned off his alarm and got up after saying a small prayer. Opening the wardrobe he pulled out a fresh pair of clothes and went into the bathroom outside. He freshened up and came out. After performing his regular worshipping of the God in the alter, he turned around and found the dinner he left on the table last night untouched.

He remembered their conversation and her confession yesterday. He didn't wanted to go infront of her again. He prepared breakfast for both of them. He wanted to avoid encounter with her all this while and suddenly he felt that he should check on her because she hadn't come out yet. He turned off the gas and went near her room.

He hesitantly knocked on her door but she didn't answer. He slowly pushed the door as it was not locked. He stepped inside and sighed to find her sleeping on her bed. While he was about to turn and go back his eyes fell on the glass jar kept on the table.

Flashback:

Sana walks into his room.

"Sidharth, what's your favourite colour?", Sana asked looking at the paint shades in her hand which she wanted for the bookstore.

"Hmmm.. let's say white", he said after thinking for sometime.

"I should have guessed it! Boring Bharadwaj needs some colour in his life.", She smirked in frustration. He rolled his eyes.

"White is also a colour. It's a sign of peace and purity.", He said nonchalantly.

She looks at Sidharth who poured a pill from a glass jar into his palm.

"What's that?", She questioned.

"Pills", he said pouring the water into the glass from the jug.

"I can see that. But what pill is it?", She enquired.

"Sleeping pills", he said.

"Stop!", She held his hand before he could pop it into his mouth. He looked at her bemused.

"Why do you need them?", She asked.

"Huh? Obviously to sleep.", He said.

"Enti? (Why?) Can't you sleep without them?", She asked.

"Yes, I can't. I've been taking it since 7 years now.", He said.

"Let me guess, after Shreyas went abroad.", She said.

He nodded his head.

"Come on he has left you long back. Now you should also stop thinking about him.", She spoke annoyed.

"I don't think about him from the day I conversed with him last about loan repayments.", He said.

"Then why do you need this pills? Give this to me. You ain't going to take this anymore.", She said by pulling the pills from his hand and putting it back into the bottle.