Part 5 - Reason To Return Home!

Check if you've read the previous update before reading this.
______________________________

Sidharth freshens up and goes to kitchen. Sana follows him.

"Can you instruct, I'll make it?", requested Sana

"Sure! Here is the pan with water. Boil it.", He said passing the pan.

She turns on the stove and places the pan. He looked at the bowl of sugar.

"Huh? We've sugar in bowl outside itself.", He said

"Shurpanaka had come to return it.", She said in annoyed tone.

Sidharth chuckled.

"Surprisingly, this is the first time she is returning something.", He said

"She had to since you didn't give her the full news yesterday. She was asking me for my name and how I am related to you", she spoke

"Put 3 spoons of sugar in it. So, what did you tell?", He asked passing the spoon for sugar.

"After the damage she did yesterday by telling your son about me, do you think I would give her the information?", She said while putting sugar.

The water was already boiling.

"2 spoons of tea powder. Then how did you tackle her?", He said while passing her the tea powder

Sana giggles while putting tea powder into the boiling water.

"I acted dumb and deaf. The best part was she cursed herself loudly for returning the sugar as well because she didn't get any news."

Sidharth bursts laughing.

"I wish I could do the same with her. You need to crush this ginger and put it into it and here, drop these cardamom pods as well.", He passed her the little mortar and cardamom pods.

Sana does as instructed.

"You said you will be back by 6pm. But I am glad you came early by half an hour.", She said with excitement.

"Actually, I skipped my park visit today.", He told

"Same park where we met yesterday?", Sana enquiries

"Yes, the same park which I visit everyday since past 7 years. I would sometime sit there until it got dark. Watching kids playing happily, young couples displaying love and compassion and old couples spending time with each other. I just didn't have any reason to return to this house.", He spoke as he poured the milk himself into the boiling decoction lost in his thoughts.

Sana looked at him with a blank face feeling sorry for him. He looked at her.

"Oohh!! I am sorry, I should have allowed you to pour the milk.", He said feeling remorseful

"No, that's fine. So what brought you home early today?", She asked inquisitively

"You! I knew someone was waiting for me today at home.", He looked at her and stared back at him in surprise.

Sana unknowingly felt happy to hear that she was the reason behind him returning early. They had met hardly 24 hours back but it was undeniable that even she was eagerly waiting for him to return the whole day. The fact that he called it a home instead of house, which he had been calling house multiple times since yesterday, was itself bringing joy to her.

She heard the sound of milk raising and immediately turned it off. He placed the strainer in cup and she picked up the pan using tongs to pour the tea. As she finished pouring the tea in one cup, she lifted the strainer and placed it in another cup but her grip on the tongs became a little shakey and she ended up pouring hot tea on her hands.