Part 10 - Unnamed Relationship!

Check if you've read the previous update. Don't skip the chapters please because it is a short story anyways.

Do vote and comment guys!
_______________________________

Sidharth drove Sana to a restaurant as it was late than usual.

"Will have dinner outside since it was a tiring day and we are already late.", He said to her while unfastening his seat belt.

Sana nodded okay with a straight face without looking at him. They both went inside the restaurant and occupied a seat.

"What would you like to have Sana?", He asked.

Sana looked down at the menu and pointed her finger at a dish to the waiter. He nodded to her and wrote down the order.

"Get two of whatever she ordered", Sidharth said showing two fingers to him.

The waiter nodded his head and went away. There was a complete silence between the two. Sidharth read the menu for the 20th time while trying to gather courage to start a conversation. He lifted his head up and glanced at her. Her eyes were fixated at the something at his back.

His eyes fell on the seat behind Sana where a father was feeding his little son from his plate. He remembered how Shreyas liked paneer (cottage cheese) just like him. Whenever he took him out to a restaurant they would order only paneer dish. Once the order arrived, Sidharth would eat only the gravy because he fed all the paneer in his plate to Shreyas.

Sidharth smirked at the scene thinking probably the person on the other table might have to face similar fate as him in future.

He looked at Sana again and found her eyes still watching in the same direction as earlier. He slowly turned around to see what she was looking at.

It was a middle aged married couple who were lost in their own world as they gazed into each other's eye and a subtle smile brightened both their faces. Their fingers were entwined as they met on the centre of the table.

Sana was reminded of how her ex-husband never took her out to public places. While she took it in a positive way calling it his possessiveness, he secretly had an affair outside which came out when he married that lady and asked her to leave.

Sidharth kept gazing at her and when Sana looked at him, he lowered his eyes within a fraction of second and started reading the menu again. Sana felt hurt.

She had been ignoring him since the time he had scolded her. If it was any other person she would have rebelled against them but she couldn't rebel against him. She didn't find any fault in Sidharth because she realised it was her mistake to think that he loved her too.

She cursed herself for believing in love again after what she had already went through. She cursed her unrequited love which was proved time and again when Sidharth didn't find it necessary to converse with her after that day. The bond that she thought she shared with him once was back again to being strangers.

The waiter got food for them. It was a South Indian meal. He said a quick prayer as usual and looked at her. She had put her head and was silently eating her food.

Sidharth was fighting a battle with himself since the day he scolded her. He was scared of losing her hence it triggered such reaction. The calmer person in him who strangulated his desires all this years was pushed back by the thought of losing her. He feared he would lose himself if he lost her.

He thought, she wasn't wrong in loving someone but he didn't deserve the love she wanted to shower on him neither would he be capable of giving her the love she might desire. Fighting with world was easier but fighting a battle with himself was difficult. He would lose to himself regardless. Her chirpy side was lost and with that even he had lost a part of himself which he had found only after her arrival in his life.