Part 13 - Desire!

Sidharth pulled her trolley bag and kept it in her room. Sana stared at him and virtually facepalms.

"Sidharth, we are partners now. Either you shift to this room or I will shift with you.", She said.

"Huh? But we aren't married yet.", He said.

"So?", She asked.

"So we can't stay in the same room. Once we marry, we can stay together in whichever room you want.", He said.

"Why? Are you doubtful about your decision of marrying me now?", She asks.

"No, we will. But some things are done only after marriage. ", He says.

"Oh! Like?", She asks

"Like sleeping in the same room or on the same bed.", He says.

"Why? Are you scared that you will lose your control?", She asks.

"Nothing like that.", He says.

"Then what's the problem?", She asks

"I belong to an era where this thought is common. You can visit my room whenever you wish to but shifting will only be after we marry.", He says
.
.
.
Sana knocks on Sidharth's room door.

"Huh? Sana?", He looks at her surprised to see her so late.

"I have come on a visit. I wasn't feeling sleepy.", She whines.

"Hmm.. come", he calls her.

She goes and lies on his lap

"Did you really record a video of Reshma's husband with some college girl?", Sidharth asked curiously.

"What do you think?", Sana asks.

"I don't know. Let me see.", He says

"Why? Do you want to take notes and tips from that video?", She asks

"What? Is it an educational video that I will take notes and tips from it?", He asks.

"Yes, they are. What year did you marry Shreyas' mom?", She asked.

"Hmm.. 1995", he said.

"What did you do for sex education then?", She asked.

"Huh?", He was taken aback.

"I mean, that time you didn't have much of internet and computers I suppose. So where did you get the knowledge from?", She asks

"I had heard my college male classmates discussing it and when my father asked.. asked me to consummate my marriage, my friend gave me a magazine.", He said nervously feeling shy.

"And then?", She asked

"Huh? What?", He was surprised on her probing questions.

"What did you do?", She asked.

"I.. I just read it once and then put it into the firewoods on which my mother heated water to bathe.", He said.

"And?", She probed further.

"I am very tired. I want to sleep.", He fumbled.

"Why are you avoiding the topic Sidharth?", She asked.

"Because I don't think we should discuss such topics", he said.

"Really? You said we are partners. I just googled the meaning of the word. It says 'Your partner is the person you are married to or are having a romantic or sexual relationship with.' So am I not the right person to discuss it with?", She asks.

"Why do your generation depend so much on google for everything?", He asks.

"Does someone remember googling the word 'empowerment' few weeks back?", She asked.