Chapter VI

A Dangerous Hiest
_________________________________________

Location; Watcher Academy

POV; Third-person

Footsteps ring out throughout the walkways as a Watcher walks down one.

They are walking with a purpose, headed toward Zayne's office.

They reach the door to his office and knock.

"Come in" A voice says from the other side of the door.

The Watcher opens the door and walks through, they walk over to the desk where Zayne is sitting.

"What do you need Morden?" Zayne asks him.

"The Admin, Xelqua has gone against our rules and has been punished for his actions." Morden says to Zayne.

"Thank you for telling me this, I'll pass it on to Prince Aiden. You can leave now." Zayne says.

Morden nodded his head, then turned around and left the room.

Zayne telepathically calls the Prince and asks him to come to Zayne's office.

A moment later, Prince Aiden appears out of a cloud of purple mist.

A few moments later, after Zayne told the Prince about what happened, he spoke.

"So, the Admin continues to defy us even though he's been here for almost a month now." The Prince muses out loud.

"Are you sure what we're doing is necessary?" Zayne asks hesitantly.

"Of course it is!" Prince Aiden says while slaming his fist down on Zayne's desk.

Zayne cowered back in fear at the noise, and as the Prince stood up straighter.

"There is clear evidence that the Admin is hiding something, and there's no way he'll tell me what that is." The Prince says.

"I plan to use Achlys' flower on the Admin, but it needs to be done discreetly." Prince Aiden says.

"Ah, I see now. That will slowly corrupt his mind." Zayne says.

"The poison feeds off fear and anger. I have ordered the Watchers, specifically Morden, to treat the Admin worse than the others." Aiden says, smiling.

Zayne leans back in his chair and presses his finger tips together.

Their plan was going smoothly, all they had to do was get Xelqua poisoned, with a flower.

_________________________________________

POV; Grian/Xelqua

I look out of the window in my room. There is no one in sight.

I turn my head and look back over to the clock on a stand next to my bed.