Chapter XIII

Poisoned?
_________________________________________

Location; Hermitcraft

POV; Grian

"W-who are you?" I ask the pair of glowing red eyes.

Instead, the owner of them just blinks. Then walks out of the shadows towards me.

"Of course I had to run into one of the Hermits." The figure mumbled under their breath. I had to strain my ears to be able to hear what they had said.

They walk forward into the light allowing me to see then better.

They had on red armor and a helmet that matched. Their red eyes slightly glowing from underneath the visor.

That's when I realized, the armor looked almost identical to Xisuma's. There were differences of course, but the armor still looked awfully similar.

"They call me EX, I'm surprised you didn't know that." The red armored figure said with a wave of their hand while rolling their eyes.

"EX?" I question them. 'That name is really similar to Xisuma's nickname. Are they related by any chance?'

"Yes, I'm a brother to Xisuma, in fact, we're twins." EX says. The tone in his voice indicating his boredom in the conversation.

My jaw drops slightly. 'This figure infront of me is a twin brother to Xisuma?'

"What were you doing out in the storm?" I ask him. I search in a chest and grab and extra towel I had and give it to EX.

He takes the towel and starts to lift his helmet off. I gasp as his pure white hair is exposed along with his scarlett red eyes. He places his helmet safly into his inventory.

EX must not have heard or just ignored my gasp, and follows me over to where I had a few chairs and a table for meals.

He takes a seat at the table and eyes the plate of cookies I had there. "You can help yourself." I say to EX, noticing his interest.

I was about to reach for one myself when my communicator buzzes. I pull my arm back and check the notification.

The holographic screen pops up with a simple click and takes me straight to Main chat.

Xisuma has joined the game

'Yes, X is back. Maybe I can ask him about his twin.'

Cautiously, EX studies the cookies for a second before reaching for one and eating it. He takes a few more when suddenly, his own communicator vibrates.

"You have a communicator?" I ask him while tilting me head slightly. I almost smack myself in the forehead right after I said that though.

"Yes, X gave me one a while back before I was banned from the server." EX says, still looking at his communicator.

"You were banned from the server?" I ask. I start to take a few cautious steps backwards. If he was banned, it must have been something really bad he did.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you. That was all in the past." EX says while looking up from his communicator and making eye contact.

I sigh with relief, that was close. If he had been evil, who knows what could have happened. I might have accidentally used my Watcher powers, which are very unstable at the moment.

Ever since Aiden upgraded them, I haven't had a chance to train with the new powers, let alone use them at all.

"Anywho, I should probably be going soon now that the storm as cleared up. Thanks for letting me stay here a bit..." EX says while trailing off waiting for me to inform him of my name.