Chapter XII

Hello There
_________________________________________

Location; Hermitcraft

POV; Xisumavoid

I lash out with my sword one last time in an impressive arc, finishing off the last of the zombie wave that was attacking me.

I glance up at the midnight sky and watch as phantoms start to circle from above and dive down towards me.

I brace myself and raise my sword as the phantoms swoop down while screeching. Their fangs glisten in the moon light right before they attack.

I swipe my sword up, hitting a few of them in the process of their own attack. One of the phantoms some how dodged my attack though and managed to bite my arm.

I hiss out loud and try to strike at the phantom that caused me harm. Unfortunately it was already back up in the sky, preparing for another dive and attack.

I glance down at my fore arm were the bite is and don't see to much damage. Thankfully my armor was able to protect me from most of the damage delt by the phantom bite.

It did however drop me down a few hearts. I pull out a cooked beef steak and eat that so I could heal up while watching the skies for when the phantoms will return.

I don't have to wait long, because before I know it, there are five phantoms swooping down upon me.

I pull my sheild out of my inventory and use it to block the attacks from them while trying to fight back with my own attack.

While they fly back up to get more momentum to dive down again, I quickly pull out my communicator and start to type in Main Chat.

<Xisuma> Help. Can anyone sleep?

<Iskall85> sure, give me a moment.

Iskall85 went to bed, sweet dreams!

<Xisuma> Thanks Iskall

<Iskall85> np

I glance back up at the sky to watch the phantoms start to burn in the early morning sunlight.

"Phew." I sigh in relief. I could have died there. Thank goodness Iskall could sleep to save me.

I walk around the grassy area picking up the exp orbs and phantom membranes.

Not long after I finish that, my communicator buzzes with the notification of a message.

I lift my wrist up again and read the message, which was from Tango.

<TangoTek> Hey X, just wanted to check in about when you're going to the meeting today as our servers representative.

'Meeting? OH! The Admin meeting, I can't believe I almost forgot about that.'

<Xisuma> Hello Tango, the meeting isn't till 9:00 am.

<TangoTek> Um, that's in 15 minutes.

<Xisuma> What! I've got to go. See ya Tango!

<TangoTek> Lol Bye!

I exit out of the private chat with Tango and look to see my most recent updates for the meetings.