Chapter V

Back To School?
_________________________________________

[Warning for throwing up]

Location; Watcher Academy

POV; Grian/Xelqua

'Fifty-two, fifty-three, fifty-four...' I counted in my head.

I was counting the stones that made up the floor I was walking on.

Me and the other new Watcher students were being escorted to the lunch room at exactly 12:00 pm.

It was the same evey day. We were kept on a tight schedule, if you mess up, you get punished.

Several of the others had been punished in the past. Being punished normally meant you got extra work and no food for three days.

The Watchers also told us about those who go against the Watchers even after becoming one.

Watchers who rebel are given a mark to separate them from the others. The mark is shaped like an eye.

The Watcher that was leading us turned around and faced us. 

"You have 20 minutes to eat lunch before you go to your next session." The Watcher said.

We all walked into the lunch room and sat at our assigned tables.

A Watcher teleported our food infront of us.

I stare down at my food in disgust. We have had this same meal every day since we've been here.

I take a small bite of the chorus fruit salad.

"Whats wrong Xelqua? Don't you like your food?" One of the Watchers asked, after they came up next to me.

"We have had this same meal every day, I'm just getting tired of it." I say.

I now I shouldn't have said anything. I'm going to get in trouble now, for sure.

"I understand Xelqua, here, have some of this." The Watcher says while handing me a cooked pork chop.

I look up at him quizzically. 'This is a joke right, they wouldn't let me just get away with what I said.'

I take a bite of the cooked pork and swallowed it.

"It tastes better doesn't it." The Watcher remarks.

My stomach starts to hurt really bad and I feel nauseous.

"To bad Watchers can't eat anything but chorus fruit unless it's golden." The Watcher said smiling at me.

'Oh great, I'm gonna be sick now aren't I.'

"Anything you eat that's not chorus fruit, isn't going to stay down." They say to me.

I frown deeply at them for this horrible joke. I then lean over my plate and throw up.

I wipe my mouth with my sleeve and scowl up at the Watcher. The Watcher was trying very hard not to burst out into laughter.

I should have trusted my gut on this one instead of eating what the Watcher gave me.

"Well now you know everyone, you can only eat chorus fruit." The Watcher exclaims to everyone in the room.

I look down at the pork in my hands and threw it away.