Chapter VIII

Messing with the Mind
_________________________________________

Warning for pain and blood.

Location; Watcher Academy

POV; Grian

I wake up and open my eyes to the rough feeling of chains clamped around my wrists.

The chains were holding my arms out straight to either side of me.

I was sitting on a cold stone-brick floor, while on my knees.

The room I was in was made of yellow endstone brick.There was a door on one side of the room across from me.

I tried to yank on the chains that were attached to my wrists to break free.

'No use.'

The chains made a rattleling noise but other than that, nothing happened.

I was officially trapped in a room that was completely empty.

'Almost like a prison cell.' I realize.

At that moment I heard footsteps approach the door from the other side.

I feel a chill go down my back, and I shiver.

I look up from the floor just in time to see the door handle glow a slight purple for no more than a second.

'Probably a magic lock.' I remember learning about them in spell class.

The the door handle turned, and the door was opened.

Zayne walked into the room and looked down at me with a sad frown, but the majority of his face was hidden behind his mask.

'Well, he's not to bad.'

Then Morden walked into the room.

'Okay, things just got slightly harder.'

After Morden, walked in Prince Aiden.

'Oh come on, this just got ten times worse.'

I try to pull on my chains again, but to no avail.

"Hello Xelqua, hope you slept well." Prince Aiden says while putting on a cheerful smile.

I scowl at him. "How dare you, have you really already forgotten what you did to Jade?"

Aiden's eye brows rise up and he tilts his head to the side.

"That really upset you didn't it, how wonderful."

"You're a monster!" I yell at him while straining against the chains.

Aiden's smile only widens as it twists into a sneer.

"It is the price that needed to be paid for your actions." Morden replied to me.

"We tried different methods in the past, but clearly when those didn't work we needed to do things differently." Zayne says.

"So we take away the things you love, including your friends." Prince Aiden finishes.

"I'll never bend to your will. Never!" I shout at them.

"Is that so?" Aiden asks me.

"There is no way you'll ever get me to join you." I confirm.

"Well then, Morden, Zayne, you both can leave. I'll take care of this here." Prince Aiden says to the other two Watchers in the room.