Soft Feelings 2

Tulip's fingers twitched a little, a new stimulus, something foreign. Hazel didn't care, she was beyond comfort and no longer freezing like she always had been recently. Her body seemed to melt into that giant palm, following it's curves and crevasses, letting it gently control her. Her face was smeared near the base of the thumb, lifting her cheek just enough for a little drool to leak out but it was a euphoric and otherworldly feeling just to lay there. Hazel was a lizard and Tulip was a heat rock; they were made for each other. She drifted off to sleep, curled up and lovingly in her palm bed. She woke up immediately to the best scratch she had ever had, she wasn't itchy but that was just the spot. Except her arms were just how she had left them when she fell asleep. She was awake now and realized that they both were but she kept her eyes closed, praying, maybe begging quietly. She slowly reached up and out of her blanket, eyes closed, her arm shivered in the unknown cold air. She reached out and put her palm on the tip of the finger scratching her head, signaling it to stop. She laid her palm upon the much larger one she laid in and clenched it into a fist, she could faintly feel the breaths coming from above her. She was held in the air directly under the nose of Tulip. The peak focus of her attention, it would be tough. She could live through whatever Tulip would throw at her but it probably wouldn't be good for her. She sat up, keeping the cotton-white blanket wrapped around her shoulders even if it wasn't big enough to cover her entirely, leaving a big open vent in the front. She opened her eyes but stared only at the skin she sat on. The room had no light on but the curtains left cracks between themselves and the walls. Golden light spilled in and bounced around the room, giving everything a dim ethereal glow, especially that soft skin. They sat in silence, both having recently woken up and trying to find the words to start the day. Two fingers interrupted her line of sight, an index and a thumb from the other hand, it looked as if they were asking for something. She hesitated for a few seconds but carefully inserted her own right hand into the awaiting gap between the digits. They slowly closed on her hand as if like a machine, rotated so her thumb was facing the sky, and bobbed a little. "Nice to meet you." Tulip had a morning voice that was silky and sexy enough to give Hazel a shiver. Her hand was returned to the orientation how she had put it in, but it was still loosely held. She felt a breeze toss her short hair around, "you're supposed to introduce yourself." Hazel looked down at her socks, she couldn't do it, all that courage couldn't help her talk to Tulip. "I'm Tulip, this is my bed, we're glad to be having you. What's your name?" The space either side of Hazel's nose went pink and she looked up for the first time into those beautiful eyes. She had never seen them from head on, because they would have seen her, but they were locked onto her and inviting. Tulip sighed and dropped the tiny hand she had been holding, instead poking her adorable little cheek and making a voice a little deeper for the next sentence. "My name is Dogwater, is the place where I was born. Nice to meet you extra miss." Tulip let her southern mockery sink in for a few seconds before adding on in her normal voice, "that's you short stuff." Hazel loved the impression in all honesty but wouldn't laugh at it. 
Tulip retorted with her own introduction, "the name's Mousetrap, it's where my parents died." She watched the horror grow on Tulip's face before adding, "nice to meet you extra." Tulip retracted her stray and prodding finger.
"What if I don't believe you 'Mousetrap.""
Hazel stared up at her smugly and proud of herself, "then call me Hazel."
"Oh thanks for telling me, I was gonna crack you open but now I guess roasting would be more fitting." That joke stung a little, she didn't want to hear that. "Little nut baby."
Hazel instantly responded this time, "what did you call me? I am not a nut baby." Her tone was stained with betrayal of a sort.
"You totally are, cute little nut baby." Tulip bounced her palm a little to her words as she danced them out. Hazel went very completely red in the face, not only was she a 'nut baby' but she was also cute. 
"Hey you wouldn't happen to be a dentist would you? I wouldn't want you to be used to being bit in the hand." She would never bite the hand she sat in but it sounded cool, and she wanted to be cool for Tulip. Tulip leaned in close, lifting Hazel to meet her halfway. Hazel's head was at most an inch away from Tulip's nose and she was struggling to look into those beautiful eyes. The breath from above fluttered her blanket and chilled her. The teeth uncomfortably close to her playfully snapped at her. Then Tulip leaned back with a smile but kept holding Hazel more on par with her chest rather than her bosom. 
Tulip pet the little head and made a silly voice, "oh nyo, I've twamatized her."
Hazel signed, "falling in love with you sure was a mistake." Tulip's entire face flashed red and even her hands got warm. Hazel was quickly shot into the giant's chest for a hug and held down by both hands. It was a calculated move, and Hazel was bad at math but just lucky enough to have it work out.
That initial spark never left them, the two got used to sleeping in the same bed and Hazel would even sleep with her shirt off. But even if they were in love it would be hard to tell what the future holds. Because that future always holds what it has behind their back, it could be a puppy or a cobra. Whichever it was they would continue to love and make fun of each other, they'd be alright.