Chapter 16: This is Gospel (For the fallen ones)

The Life and Times of an Average Coward

Chapter 16: This is Gospel (For the fallen ones)

*-*-*-*-*

To my dear friend Senritsu,

It is nice to hear that your training is going well my young friend and I hope to hear more of your progress in developing your own breathing style. It is simply fascinating to read about the form that you are creating, the theories, and the work that you put on to combine two entirely different breathing styles and incorporating them as your own is a riveting study. For all the records that our family have kept over the decades that the Demon Slayer Corps. stood, there are no text provided about combining two different breath styles, only offshoots from an already existing breath technique.

You, my young friend, are a genius. And I am glad that you are "ranting" and "rambling" your thoughts to the letters that you've sent to me about your progress, and I assure you, that it is no burden or an inconvenience at all to read all about it. Though I have some trouble identifying what an 'oxygen respirator' is, but from what I've gathered from your writing, is it some sort of advance medical device for providing oxygen? If so, that sounds absolutely fascinating and fantastic, I could just think of many ways that the machinery could help in providing advancement to the scientific and medicinal world. Though from the way you had described it, it is far too technology far too advance to what we currently have. A shame really.

You, young friend have, such a unique perspective and an enviable amount of creativity when it comes to the making of your sword forms. Mayhap, not only to your sword forms, but your way of thinking from general subjects. You have such a wide array of fresh ideas about different concepts that I haven't come to think about.

You are amazing my young friend. I simply love to hear all about it, and if I could be of any help in your pursuit of more knowledge from other subjects and of different sword forms that is outside of breath styles, let me know, the Ubuyashiki family library has accumulated many such books across the country by different scholars and swordmasters. I've already included some here alongside this letter and I hope that it would be of help.

Best regards from your friend,

Ubuyashiki Kagaya

P.S. You do not need to worry about myself with my health, and I thank you for the medicinal tea and the scarf that you gifted me, it's lovely and I will make sure to wear it this coming winter. How could an embroidery feel so alive? You also really have great talent to different arts. Don't deny it and accept the compliment.

P.P.S. Amane is healthy and little Kiriya has recovered from his fever. I thank you once again for the beautiful blanket that you've gifted him, he is quite taken with it and would not sleep without it. Seeing it wrapped around him is one of the loveliest things I've ever seen in my life.

P.P.P.S. I hope you are taking great care of yourself dear friend, your overall health, whether it is mental, emotional and physical, it is of utmost important. I worry about your frequent fainting spells that I have been hearing about from Kurotsuchi, please worry about yourself more.

*-*-*-*-*

Tanjirou is hurt and yet he won't speak of it to me as we journey together towards our mission. If I wasn't observing so closely, I might not have been able to pick up that he was injured at all.

This guy really...

Aside from the cracked rib that I've already noted from the start, he also appears to have a fracture in his left leg, and that's excluding the possible bruises that he has all over his body. The infinitesimal flinches every now and then whenever he made a too wild gesture during his recount of his previous missions was very telling. I didn't mention anything, just asked him if he had already applied Tengu-jiji's salve – his healing cream is like no other – or if he needed help reapplying it.