Chapter 20: More Than it Seems

The Life and Times of an Average Coward

Chapter 20: More than it Seems

*-*-*-*-*

After the emotional one-on-one with Tantan, I, Agatsuma Senritsu, is extremely tired.

"Haha! I got yer food, now you're not getting it back!" I stared blankly at the rice grains and pieces of tempura crumbs that settled on my yukata sleeve, while a certain someone snorted like the forest-raised boy that they are.

"Oh okay, you can have those if you really want it, want some more tea, Senritsu?"

I internally sighed, I'm too tired for this shit.

"Yes Tantan, I would love some. And please, like I told you, just Sen is fine," I gave the best smile I could give to him at the moment. From the returning smile, I guess I didn't do too bad. "All my friends call me that."

The pleased blush that colored his face didn't go away until the end of our shared lunch, not even any means of taunting from the Inosuke boy – I think it flew over his head – had managed to get rid of it.

Glad to make him happy then.

He also never forgot to call me Sen once again after that, well if he continued using my full name then I would really get embarrassed for calling him in such a silly nickname.

"Oi! Stop ignoring me too, woman!" The annoying one tugged my hair lightly to get my attention.

I clicked my tongue together and looked away, tugging my hair out of his grasp to not repeat the offence. God, it's like I'm dealing with a whiny toddler, just hearing him complain and throwing tantrums is building up my headache.

"Hashibira-san, please don't bother Sen, she's the most injured among the three of us!"

Yeah, and most of my injuries are from him too.

"I think I'm gonna lie down again in my room."

My left wrist ache something fierce with the meager chopsticks and teacup lifting it had done and it was a good thing that I'm ambidextrous, otherwise I would also need help feeding myself. Now that's another level of mortifying.

"Hey! Where do you think you're—"

"Want my help to get there?"

I smiled to my thoughtful friend. His brows furrowing in worry and arms already stretching towards my back and shoulder. I thoroughly ignored the boy-child grumbling and growling to Tantan's other side.

"Sure, I would never refuse that offer. I think I would fall face first if I turn a corner, somehow even though my legs aren't injured they still felt like mush." I said as I took his outstretched hand as the other guide me to get up. "Thanks for thi—" I yawned before I could finish the sentence.

Tantan looked at me with fondness. A look that made me all warm and tingly and even more ready for a nap.

"There's no need for thanks amongst friends, Sen. Plus, helping each other is what we're supposed to do." We both ignored Inosuke's glaring and pouting. "Someone told me that."

A shy smile is all I can give at the face of his earnestness. Genuinely nice people, urk, my true weakness after bugs.

"I guess they do."

*-*-*-*-*

"Fight me Monjirou!"

"No! We're supposed to be resting! And it's also Tanjirou! Tan. Ji. Rou!"