Welcome To Hogwarts

After Hermione had left our compartment the boys and I changed into our school robes after locating the train bathroom. When we pulled into Hogsmade station, it was nighttime. The train blew it's whistle and the doors opened. A familiar voice boomed from outside.

"Right then! First years, this way, please!" Hagrid yelled as he walked along the side of the stopped train. Kids started pouring out the doorways and piling onto the platform. "Come on now. First years, don't be shy! Hurry up! Come on!"

Harry and I stepped out and walked right up to Hagrid with Ron trailing behind us.

"Hello, Harry. Hello, Olivia." Hagrid beamed.

"Hiya, Hagrid." I smiled.

"Hey, Hagrid." Harry grinned.

"Whoa!" Ron said as he looked up amazed at Hagrid. Marveling at his size.

"Right then. This way to the boats! Come on, now, follow me." Hagrid gestured his hand to all the students.

We all travelled behind him, being led to a boat dock. Hagrid explained we all needed to get onto the boats and that they'd move on their own. He climbed in his own boat and it took off for the school. Harry, Ron and I piled into one of the boats. As we emerged through the fog, I turned back to look at my brother with wide excited eyes. The school was a large looking castle upon a rock on the hillside. It was massive and a beautiful site to behold.

"Harry, look!" I squealed happily.

"Wicked." Ron said with a grin as he looked at me and the school.

"Amazing." Harry breathed.

We made it to shore and all piled off the boats. Harry, Ron and I were practically first in line. Hagrid showed us the doorway and ushered all of the first year students inside. We walked up a large staircase and at the top a stern looking woman waited for us all. She had emerald green robes and a pointy hat on top of her head. She smiled slightly just before she began to speak.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup." Professor McGonagall explained.

A small squeaking had caught one of the boys behind us attention. He leapt forward in excitement interrupting the Professor.

"Trevor!" Neville exclaimed. He caught his toad, some of the students laughed and McGonagall stared down at him. "Sorry." He whimpered quietly moving back into his place embarrassed.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." She explained and turned on her heels disappearing through the great doors behind her.

I tied my hair behind my head into a ponytail as the students began conversing with each other. Ron turned towards me and smiled about to say something, when someone began pushing through the other students.

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train." A young boy with slicked back blonde hair spoke, with two boys sticking close behind him. Both with brown hair and a bit on the chunky side. They all had a certain evil feeling about them. "Harry And Olivia Potter have come to Hogwarts."

Some of the kids around us started whispering our names. The boy walked forward and stood in front of me, eyeing me up and down uneasily.

"This is Crabbe and Goyle." He gestured to his friends and smirked at me and my brother. "And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." Ron suddenly snickered behind us, gathering the attention of Draco. "Think my names funny, do you? No need to ask you yours. Red hair and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley." Malfoy spat. He turned and grinned at the both of us again. "You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better then others, Potter's. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there."